Buff Engicart

Streaky Haddock

59170ba215.dmi

Looking through Nienhaus' sprite thread for clues as to what fits inside the engi cart, I can identify the fire extinguisher, extended emergency oxygen tank, multitool, crowbar, welding tool and wrench.

The Engineering cart can hold one of each toolbox, metal, glass, platsteel, flashlight and engineering tape. This is barely useful, and not to mention the engicart looks seriously bare.

Is it possible to add in further functionality? The ability to store a welding mask/goggles, gas mask, oxygen tanks, rods, station bounced radio, fire extinguisher, t-ray scanner, airlock/power/electronics boards, console screens, machine parts, mesons, folders/paper, etc would be very useful and ensure that it gets used far more often.

edit: also whiskey. It should be able to hold whiskey.

edit x2: but seriously, it should really hold AT LEAST the extinguisher

edit x3: also what are those little green things on the sprite sheets? Circuit boards? Is that grey tube thing a bunch of rods? Pipes?

The engicart is a cute idea but i don't see any acutal use for it. A engineer can store all of the nesseary gear, there is no need for it to store tools, toolboxes etc. It just clutters the interface to a point where i just open my engibelt and grab the things i need (with actual icons).

So it would be only usefull if it could store gear that the engi can't, like a hardsuit, firesuit, welding fuel, water, this sort of stuff. Also i think storing curcuit boards is a good idea.

Edit: Maybe i would go so far and pimp it with a EngiVend and a YouTool. Let's be honest i would only drag this thing around with me if there is something major to repair like a giant bomb going of somewhere. I often had to turn around because i was out of airlock controls or cables or something like that, while repairing something big. I think this would be situations where the engicart could shine.

I would really love for more things on the engie cart and yes, it does currently look somewhat bare. Maybe it should also spawn with a random toolbox and something else?

Let's be honest i would only drag this thing around with me if there is something major to repair like a giant bomb going of somewhere. I often had to turn around because i was out of airlock controls or cables or something like that, while repairing something big. I think this would be situations where the engicart could shine.

I am 99% sure that is exactly what the engineering cart was built for. So many times its back and fourth just to grab a single piece equipment.

The engicart is a cute idea but i don't see any acutal use for it. A engineer can store all of the nesseary gear, there is no need for it to store tools, toolboxes etc. It just clutters the interface to a point where i just open my engibelt and grab the things i need (with actual icons).

For a vox engineer without a possibility for a backpack, cart is a lifesaver

For a vox engineer without a possibility for a backpack, cart is a lifesaver

I could see that, but if i play my vox in engineering or atmos job i make myself small nitrogen tanks so that i can keep them in my pockets. And keep the big tank in my backpack for "insurance". It's a little risky since you could run out of air when your are unconcious but without that vox engineering or atmos is unbearable for me anyways.

Haven't actually considered switching to using the engicart, but i fear this thing would be stolen or looted pretty quick if i would take it with me all the time.

Infact, giving the cart the ability to hold components (manipulators, console screens, lasers, capacitors and the like) would be extremely helpful. I've always thought that Engineering should be the ones who go around the entire station replacing all the parts and such, and that would make things much more useful.

The cart is awesome lemme just say that - normally I need extra batteries, metal, glass, extra wire (and thats the backpack filled up) glass, plasteel, and electrical toolbox filled electronics, not to mention two pipe dispensers and floor tiles / Rglass that I make onsite, to fix any major explosion.

While the engineering cart only saves you a single trip as the sole (working) engineer, it also greatly serves organisation, as you can store half of those goodies on it where they won't be stolen as much or sucked out a breach, or get mixed up with the huge multitude of shit lying around.

Personally I want it to hold power cells, wire, floor tiles and rods, as those are the things I most often have trouble carrying back after fixing something, and what I access most while fixing something, but don't always have room for in my backpack.

Of course we could always use lockers, which hold a fuckton of anything you can physically move, but thats no fun.

Also it would be SUPER FUCKING COOL if it had an automatic pickup function for any glass, metal, rods or floor tiles it rolls over, but I imagine that is something for me to salivate in my sleep over.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the cart I did for you guys is different then the one in the OP.

The cart currently looks like this on Para.

60a5fe28a2.dmi

Also has no one said anything about how the toolboxes float? Because that's an error.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to revive this suggestion, please. I imagine it's supposed to be like an all-carry thing for the team, as opposed to one guy's thing. If someone carries it around everywhere people are free to pinch things from it as they please. I think that's enough of a balance (as well as it possibly blowing into you and hurting you in space wind) to justify being able to hang all sorts of tools from it, more than just the toolboxes. As it is it just looks... extremely bare.

Also, spawn an emergency toolbox next to the engicart please.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use