Defilibrators

Fruerlund

Let it be no secret, that I find the SS13 Medical system very good. It's challenging, and difficult to master. But for some time I've always felt, that there can be done more to improve it.

As it is now: When a patient, dies they're dead. Even if you fought hard during surgery, and was adminstering the dexalin/medicine as he was in critical. You just wish, there was some way to "shock" his hearth wouldn't you?

I suggest, that some sort of defibrillator-mechanic is implemented. When a patient goes below a stat of -100, you can restart his body, with the defilibrator and set his status back to maybe -50.

However there has too be some sort of limications. If the patient has no bleed, there should be no way to restart his body. I've so far only seen one server with this sort of system, and that is |vg|. Another option would be to add a extra stat as: Healthy, Critical, "Possible to defib", Defib. Just like with the 100, 0 and -100 system I believe there is now.

So, what do you people think? Realistic suggestion or no?

No. It's an okay idea, but usually defibrs may damage the body further and don't always resurrect. They might fuck it up more and.. bring him back to life in more pain. But nevertheless it would be nice to have them around, what kind of medical force that respects itself won't have them?

Hmm, wonder if it could possibly work off some form of exchanging most other damage to minor burn....

Trying to revive fire victims is not a good idea but you could easily save someone killed by a spider.

i'd support Defib units, ESPECIALLY if I can use them like this:

I believe another codebase actually has defibrillators, though i'm not sure they would work with our medical system.

But assuming we can get them in, they should only have a short window of usefulness where they can revive someone, and using them outside that time range will just damage the body (living or not).

maybe make it work a bit like IPC revival - if you manage to remove some of the damage that killed them, and they haven't been dead for long, it can bring them back, meaning it can save people who only just don't make it under the hands of a competent doctor, but won't just give medbay a huge buff

But supposedly Defibs IRL can only help people who are still alive with a minor heartbeat, and I think are mostly useful for people undergoing cardiac arrest. As most people die from pure brute or o2 suffocation I'm not sure it would be, factually correct (if we care about it that much)

vg station has a functioning defibsystem. If a patient is dead and his health is above x amount, inject him with inaprovaline, take off his clothes and defib. Obviously it only works if patient is not too damaged so treat with D+

VG does have a functional defib unit, but I'm not sure how good/bad it is or if it's tied to the heart, or not.

TG also has a defib unit that seems to be very balanced.

How TG's works:

If someone is dead, they can be defibbed with a chance of it working; if it does work, they will be healed 5 oxygen damage. Obviously, this means that extreme brute, burn, or toxin damage isn't what the defib is good for--its' for patients who die from being in crit for a long time.

Limitations:

-Can only be used on individuals who've been dead for so long; after a certain point, you have to clone them.

-If you wait too long,but haven't passed the "must clone" time, then it will revive them, but they will have brain damage.

Goon's dfibs are probably the most realistic, though, as they're only for treating actual heart failure (a condition that arises from being in crit too long).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use