Vox Trader Rounds

Symbiosis

Let's be honest, unless you're a head or a miner, the round is generally a snoozer. No one causes chaos so the shuttle never comes until crew transfer, and more often I'm seeing the Vox just go to the mining area and get the materials themselves rather than mess with the RP with the crew.

These rounds, IMHO, should be shortened to prohibit the latter behavior (1 hour, perhaps?) and encourage cooperation. Plus if you have a crew of 40+, everyone's not waiting for someone to self antag.

Or heck, maybe add in Trader+Traitor? Whatever is done, even if nothing, I thought its worth a discussion to improve the round type.

Vox Trader rounds are definitely too dull, except for the Captain/HoS/HoP who actually interact with the Vox. Adding a traitor (similar to traitorling) would be a good solution.

It would help if everyone didn't get a giant murderboner 30 minutes into the round, and it's furthered by the face that some players see vox as valids just because they have antag status.

Then I put the boots to that person, medium style, and hopefully permabrig them.

I usually offer to guard the Trader, just because of that reason. It would be nice if others did the same thing.

Perhaps if it was bannable to kill nonhostile antags (Meaning antags that aren't really... antags. Like the Vox trader, for example. Friendly wizards I can see [Though it's still annoying. If it hasn't provoked you or others, don't attack it.]).

Also, it would be nice if more than one Vox Trader was introduced during trader mode. Kind of like raider mode from Baystation, but trading instead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use