Admin Complaint- Nerfection

GoodTooth2

Admin(s) Key: Nerfection
Your ckey (Byond username): Goodtooth
Your Discord name (if applicable): Good Tooth

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):  1:17 PM Sunday, April 7, 2024

ROUND ID: 39840

Nature of complaint: Defending an Rdm,

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I'm new to this game but been playing and learned a lot after the week i been playing nonstop. i never felt like anything else was rdm but this felt like rdm in my soul I've never been killed for no reason the way i was killed. and he says it was my fault. The guy named Mark Simons (cant find byond name) didn't rp anything at all he just started attacking me knowing i didn't mean to do what i did and the fact i work for him, he also knew i was new.  Nerfection ignored everything he did he said it was my own fault and it was not Rdm when he is using a Weapon that can kill others. he could have used his hands or anything else non Lethel but he chose to use a Lethel weapon. that's 100% RDM

Full description of events:

Mark Simons knocks down Kyle Milky with the telescopic baton!
Antonio Galopa says, "I'm deployed"
Kyle Milky says, "Whoops"
Mark Simons puts the hand tele into the scientist satchel.
Mark Simons has grabbed Kyle Milky passively!
Mark Simons has grabbed Kyle Milky aggressively (now hands)!
[Common] [Security Officer] Jiggy says, "Or an atmos tech, it's disposals"
Mark Simons has thrown Kyle Milky.
You slam into the medical records console!
Mark Simons says, "Really.."
Kyle Milky says, "What are you doing"
Mark Simons puts the hand tele into the scientist satchel.
You have opened Admin Ticket number #2! Please be patient and we will help you soon!
Adminhelp: rdm

Adminhelp from-Game Admin Nerfection: Looking into it

Adminhelp from-Game Admin Nerfection: mike simmons?

Adminhelp to-Nerfection: yeah

Adminhelp from-Game Admin Nerfection: any more context while I log dive into them?

Adminhelp to-Nerfection: i dont know why he did what he did

from-Game Admin Nerfection: and what exactly happened. Logs show a few of disarms and a throw

to-Nerfection: yeah he made a portal and i was not done talking to him so i followed 

to-Nerfection: i ran in it trying to get away from his attack didnt mean to go in it tho 

to-Nerfection: he didnt rp nothing. i dont know why he attacked me  

PM from-Game Admin Nerfection: And how did you end up in space? The last throw I see came *before* a disarm on the bridge

to-Nerfection: he made more portals  (WINDOW)

to-Nerfection: then he just stared throwing me 

PM from-Game Admin Nerfection: I assume they batonned you because you followed them onto the bridge. Next time give the full context, as they didn't direcly kill you - you killed yourself by walking through a portal - which isn't really the same as 'rdm'

to-Nerfection: Hold on now how am i going to know he was going there and he didnt tell me  

PM from-Game Admin Nerfection: I don't think you *were* meant to know where he was going

to-Nerfection: so why make it next to me. i had to ask him somthing  

to-Nerfection: for me not knowing what he was doing and trying to rp with him i desrve death?

to-Nerfection: all he had to do was say i cant be back there and i would have lefted.  i would have never went in the portal if i knew

to-Nerfection: then he made a portal to space. useing a wep that can kill on someone is RDM. 

PM from-Game Admin Nerfection: I assume he made a portal next to himself because he wanted to use the portal. You chose to go through the portal and then he - being followed by someone into a restricted area - kicked you out. They weren't required to talk to you first (nor after, though they actually did). You then went through another portal, and due to it not being calibrated you ended up in space. Portals can be dangerous

to-Nerfection: not true at all he didnt say a word to me

to-Nerfection: he only attacked me 

to-Nerfection: i feared for my life and ran into a portal.

to-Nerfection: what should i have done tell me?

to-Nerfection: he had no right to attack me because i didnt break in

to-Nerfection: i followed him and he seen me before i did

PM from-Game Admin Nerfection:  Not going into unknown portals would have resulted in you not dying. You weren't 'killed' by Mark Simmons (at least not intentionally, and I think it's a bit of push to argue that it was negligently, either). You died due to a 40/60 split of your own actions and bad luck

to-Nerfection: yo he made a port to a spot to someone is not allowed to go without rping saying no one can go in it 

to-Nerfection: its 100% his fualt i was there in the first place  

to-Nerfection: so he should have not attacked me 

from-Game Admin Nerfection: You followed him of your own volition through a portal. That is not his fault.

to-Nerfection: i followed him and he seen me before i did 

to-Nerfection: that is his Fault

from-Game Admin Nerfection:  No, he didn't. You killed you.

to-Nerfection: are you serious?

to-Nerfection: can i talk to another admin?

from-Game Admin Nerfection:

Yes. You walked though an unknown portal to the bridge, then as the RD tried to kick you out, you walked though another unknown portal that wasn't calibrated, which unluckily for you went to space. You may not talk to another admin, but if you are unhappy - as you seem to be - with my judgement here, you should feel free to make an admincomplaint at https://www.paradisestation.org/forum/73-admin-complaints/  with a 'misapplication of rules' complaint.

• honk 1
  • derp 1

Hi there,

Following the research director into an experimental portal is indeed dangerous. In future, you should avoid going into portals if you don't know where they lead.

Being on the bridge is trespassing - no conversation is required before detaining you. Due to the nature of the interface of SS13, people can either attack or type, not both at the same time. They're not obliged to type out a warning before doing so when you're trespassing. 

It doesn't seem anyone forced you to enter any of the portals. This was your decision to do so, and when you enter a portal you assume the risk inherent with this. That is not RDM at all. 

As Nerfection said - you walked through an unknown portal, resulting in you trespassing. The RD is very correct to kick you out of the bridge then. You choosing to walk through another portal was a risk you took, and this time it didn't work out. Death is part of SS13, and hopefully this will teach you the dangers of walking through experimental portals to unknown locations. 

Complaint is without merit and resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use