Admin Complaint/Clarification - Gatchapod

evilmattyg

Admin(s) Key: Gatchapod
Your ckey (Byond username:) Evilmattyg

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 02/04/24 (DD/MM/YY)

ROUND ID: 39781

Nature of complaint: clarification required, misapplication of rules

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Used an arcade ticket exploit to purchase more astral tiles than I should have been able to, permanently banned and no mention of the exploit that I did on my ban reason, also wondering which rule it falls under, since there's no mention on exploits on the advanced rules page. Exploit Report: 

Full description of events: Before I begin, I do want to preface that the ban was justified for what I did, not the duration and ban reason. I was playing on an extended-lowpop round, there was no admemes occurring or any other significant event at the time. I proceeded to accidently discover an exploit in the arcade machine that allowed me to spend more tickets than I have, creating negative tickets. I proceeded to use this exploit to gather large amounts of astral tiles only, to renovate the hallways. I had no other effect on other people's round than making the hallway tiles a different skin. (I did not report this exploit to anybody both IC and OOC, however after the round I intended to create an exploit report. Unfortunately, I did not mention this to Gatchapod, which was my mistake, and could have potentially made Gatchapod make an incorrect ruling based on the information they have.) When I received an admin-pm from Gatchapod on the subject of the tickets, I was cooperative in mentioning what I did and stopped doing the exploit. I requested my ban length and proceeded to then cryo out of the round. Here's where my problems start. While I understand using exploits is considered against the rules in general, there's no clear outlining on what is and isn't okay in the rules, both regular and advanced. (For example, if I discover a small exploit that doesn't affect anybody's round in any way, is it okay for me to have fun with it during the round and make an exploit report during said round?) Another complaint I have is with the ban reason and duration, mainly because of how vague the reason was and how severe the punishment was. Without any context, my ban reason illustrates me as somebody who used an unfair exploit to gain an advantage and ruin other people's rounds, with full intention to do so.  A permanent ban is also excessive for the minor exploit that I did, for I have had a clean ban record with minimal admin notes and not affected anybody else's round. To summarize, my main three grievances are; 1. The rules and its unknown stance on exploits, 2. How my ban reason misrepresents what I did to receive the ban, and 3. The overall ban length being permanent for an exploit that did not affect other people's rounds. Thank you for reading, and please PM me on discord when you respond to this post. My discord username is also Evilmattyg. Thank you again for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Rule 0 is our general catch all for things outside the rules, and covering things not in the letter but the spirit of the rules.

What you did exploited the spirit of the rules and used a game mechanic that was clearly unintended. This goes against the general ethos of the server - where we expect people to co-operate and not exploit bugs - and thus is grounds for a permaban. This could have been easily avoided by not exploiting a bug.

No wrongdoing by admins was applied here, thus the complaint is invalid. You may appeal this ban of course, and if you're able to show that you're willing to follow the spirit of the rules in addition to the letter, it may be lifted.

Complaint can be considered resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use