name appeal

Dacheeseman28

Byond Key: Dacheeseman28

IC Name for Review: Nathaniel Higgins

Race: human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? no

Reason/Backstory: the name originates from irl circumstances relevant to me. to begin, i chose the first name Nathaniel because my irl name and the name of my late grandfather who i miss dearly. The last name was chosen because its the name of my favorite American football player Tee Higgins. They went to clemson for college football and i'm a big clemson fan since a lot of my family went there, combined with the fact that he got drafted by my second favorite football team: the Cincinatti bengals, he's been one of if not my favorite football players for several years now as a result. Thats the backstory behind why I chose this name, now as far as the rules and as the game are concerned i do recognize that it unfortunately bears a slight resemblance to the name nate higgers which is the reason the question of the ethics behind my IC name was brought to bear, however when making the name i felt very passionate that it deviated far enough from that terrible name enough to be considered none racial, a sentiment i also strongly feel is shared by several regular players in this community. I say that based on the fact that i have about 1500 hours on this server exclusively with this name and a plethora of regular players on here know me quite well and are quite friendly with me. in those 1500 hours i have never received an admin PM concerning my name and to my knowledge i have never received a complaint about my name from a player either. To my knowledge the reason my name is being brought into question is because recently a racist player made the ic name nate higgers, however, they used Nathaniel, and because of that my name was brought into question as well, because of their actions. The admin who talked to me seemed to agree that my intentions are pure but to play it on the safe side they asked me to write an appeal so it can be discussed further, which i completely understood and happily obliged to and is the reason why i am here to plead my case.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this has taken so long to get to, now as for the name while someone could see that being a problem when looking at both names side by side and doing a little bit of jumping to conclusions in terms of perceiving it as you intentionally doing it to be racist, I don't believe you intended it to be taken that way. By itself your name is fine, if your intentions were to be edgy or racist with the name we would've taken note of that behavior by now and either had you change you name or forced you to have a different name instead of recommending you get it double checked due to what someone else recently did with the bad version of your name. I've seen you've used this name for multiple months in a row without issues regarding the name itself as well, unfortunately I cannot see exactly how long you've been using the name but that's more than sufficient to show that you've had no ill will with the name. 

tl;dr you're fine to continue using the name, if you have any other questions feel free to ask them here otherwise I'll consider this as handled and resolve it as such 

• 3 weeks later...

considering this has been open for almost 3 weeks I assume you have no other questions or comments regarding the name or why an admin might see an issue with it. If you run into any other issue regarding the name and using it refer to this name review politely. Considering this as handled and filing as such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use