Name change review

SHANKSHACK

Byond Key: SHANKSHACK

IC Name for Review: Katalakashakapakatakajakarakaflakayakarachi

Race: Vox

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? no

Reason/Backstory: Vox names tend to have long names for example Chatatichakahkichiyaya, which is one of those names that I had in mind from one of the defaults which has 22 characters which is half of my name originally. if it is just a text issue for the name, I am willing to compromise to at least 25 characters. but I had a legit backstory for the name, as that since I am a lower caste of the vox, the name Katalakashakapakatakajakarakaflakayakarachi was a name given to represent an entire sentence of disobedience and being a thief aka "you are a filthy, stealing, leeching, scrounging, burgling, poaching, greedy, cowarding, slob." and finally arachi meaning do you understand? that is my backstory and my reasoning of why my name is that long is due to the fact that my character is a kleptomaniac and the authorities just named me that way to let everyone know.

• Like 2
  • explodyparrot 1
  • dead 3

Locking thread, this isn't a situation that needs additional info shared from witnesses, etc and will be decided on by a head of staff.

Edited by Rythen

• Rythen locked this topic

sorry this has taken a bit to get to, you really don't need a name that has 43 characters in length to express your character's identity or backstory. A similar effect could be achieved with a much shorter in length name. One of the longest default as you state is 22 characters long, basically half the length of your requested name. We're going to say that you should stay around 22 characters long as a maximum. For reference the average Vox name is about 11 characters long across nearly 1400 names, meanwhile the average human name is about 13 characters long across nearly 145500 names. Realistically that name is a mouthful to say or remember, using something shorter would be a much better thing to do in a general sense.

If you have any other questions or comments, I will unlock this thread once more to let you ask/post.

• DoctorDrugs unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Will be moving this to resolved now as it's been over a month since the last reply

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use