Admin Complaint Against Meow19

NewGuy69

Admin Key: Meow19

My Ckey: PrezidenteTrump

My Discord Name: PrezidenteTrump 

Date: December 8th, 2023 round about 2pm GMT

Round ID: 38351

Nature of Complaint: Lack of response for round ruining level validhunting; looking for an official ruling and/or server rules amendment to make situations like this clearer.  

Description of events(sorry if not brief enough as it was a lot):

I was followed on cams relentlessly and locked in rooms by AI even though I was a minimal threat with 150 blood, even to the point where I LOOC'd AI to say that i was in the middle of an AHelp and they still bolted doors and cut power to the room I was in. I was chased by Blueshield when the only head was in bridge, yet I was nowhere near them. While kidnapping the janitor, I was stabbed(straight to lethals no disarm pushes) by repeatedly, chased, had my stunprod stolen, got prodded multiple times by the chef. Next, while i was in the middle of an AHelp I get cuffed by beepsky, and the CHAPLAIN drags me to the HoS.

Admin response was basically ‘yeah that’s not normally allowed, but there’s no sec so I’ll allow it." While they were correct that there was no SEC(other than HoS turned ACap), this did not occur 10 minutes into the round, but 45 minutes to an hour into the round. HoS had ample time to manifest hire AND crew had ample time to try to join empty sec if they wanted to antag hunt. My round was ultimately ruined by validhunting. I gave up and quit after admin response[rather lack of response]because what’s the point if others can just do what they want.

We have rules to ensure everyone has fun. Meanwhile rulebreaking and the allowing of said rulebreaking completely took any factor of fun out of the round for me. 

Crossed out the beginning portion, as I did not mention the AI or BS in my AHelp

Edited by NewGuy69

• 1 month later...

Hi there, sorry for the delay. In the case of this complaint, the HOS did try to get an ERT to make up for a complete lack of security. They were unable, being the only command member, to get assistance for swiping a second command ID. However, the attempt was made. HOS also did not deny any manifest hires. This means no one tried to join. The fact no one wanted to sign up does not mean that the HOS is at fault for the lack of security members. As for the chef, they were talked to, and noted. This was dealt with.. The specific line from meow was:

There is no sec, so i can’t enforce valid hunting rules super strictly, chaplain dragging you to captain would be usually against rules but this time i can’t hold it against them as the station has no way of fighting back with the only person with authority to fight antags being captain.

Meow could have communicated this better, to convey what the chef did was not OK They did not allow the chef to stab you that much. The were referring to the chaplain dragging you to the brig, because otherwise they would have came and grabbed you when you were cuffed. This likely would not make much of a difference in the end, if the AI was as bad as you say, they could have kept you detained with the beepsky. In short, meow could have communicated the chef being dealt with better, but otherwise rules were followed. Is there any other questions you have at this time?

Firstly, never apologize for the delay, I know youre super busy, and have a life outside of Paradise. I appreciate you lot getting to forum posts at all! 

Secondly, while they may have attempted to call an ERT, if my memory serves me correctly, the HoS/aCap never made an announcement of any form asking for people to join sec. While there's no set rules behind calling ERTs, I feel as though steps were skipped, maybe intentionally, for an ERT request. But I understand their hands were pretty tied being stuck in bridge for Captain duties.

Only thing I really would like to request is that some sort of amendment be added to the rules regarding low pop/no sec and validhunting/helping sec, so that situations like these aren't so muddy. Otherwise, that's all I got. 

Thank you for your time!

(I didn't really think the situation was worth an admin complaint, but after discussing with other members on discord, they suggested I do so.)

• 1 month later...

Sorry again, no excuse.

I'll look into seeing if we can get something in the advanced rules, for a situation like this. Any other questions at this time?

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use