Giving the Virologist something to do (Non-antag)

tristan1333

Releasing viruses as an antag is majority of the time not ok. Viruses have a small chance of appearing onboard, meaning all the Virologist can really do is sit around hoping this round will be the round one happens. If some people on station contracted a random non-lethal non-infectious disease curable by Virology it could certainly make the Virologist a much more desirable/desired crew member/position.

This is a long-standing issue I've had with the game and something I want to personally change, but we have other priorities which must come first. Virology is only a small part of the game.

Yeah, I understand :P.

Most normal rounds as Virologist I usually find things to do. A normal round for me consists of mutating viruses, isolating symptoms onto disks, and making horribly lethal (or horribly useful) diseases that will never see the light of day because viruses have the mutation chance and things are just no fun after that. On the off chance virus outbreak random event occurs, I am generally prepared to handle an outbreak before it gets really out of hand. Unlike most virologists.

Really it's a semi-AFK job when it comes down to it, like most of the isolated jobs such as Xenoarch or Xenobio. It is what you make it. I do like the medical ward out in front though, it gives a feeling of a real outbreak when/if it actually gets used for containment and such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use