Complaint against Meow19

CuteCottonCandyCat

Admin(s) Key: Meow19
Your ckey (Byond username): LilyCandyCat
Your Discord name (if applicable):

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 29th September, 2023

ROUND ID: 37489

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of rules/misconduct? Unsure.

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Told another character to kill themselves whilst in character, spoke with an admin about it who said it was out of line, I agreed and apologized to the other character in LOOC, admin understood the situation, Meow19 took over the situation a significant amount of time later and decided that the other admin was wrong and banned me anyway despite the situation already being rectified.

Full description of events: As a vampire (Creme De Cassis) I was caught by security. Standard affair, as I'm not particularly good at security. As I typically do as Creme, I pulled a hissy fit, yelling at the officers. When one of them taunted me, I told them to kill themselves. This was in character, and I thought it'd be reasonable to say in character as a character pre-established with anger issues, and not only that, taken over by a bluespace vampire. An admin (Marmite) told me that it wasn't okay to do and makes me come across as an asshole. This gave me a much clearer look about how my actions may come across and that people will inevitably see the characters as the people behind them. Knowing how my in-character toxicity may have affected someone, I spoke in LOOC chat to the person I yelled at to apologize about how it may have come across, and made sure to make all of my further toxicity clearly in character complaints. Afterwards, when I was planning an escape from perma with multiple other vampires, Meow19 messaged me, assuming that the other admins hadn't read my notes or made enough proper consideration, and banned me, despite all altercations I have had with admins since the start of the month being minor and/or handled. Although seemingly a minor situation to be banned from a game, the community is what I'm here for, and I thought that being informed of what I had done wrong by Marmite had genuinely helped me. I understand I was on thin ice, but allowing other admins to moderate their own situations is why we have such a diverse moderation team. As the situation was already handled, it felt unstructured and unprofessional that Meow19 came in an extended period later only to disregard the resolved situation.

As they were the one who told me to make a complaint, I hope it's taken into account and that this situation turns in my favor. This community means a lot to me, and it hurts a lot to be taken from it unceremoniously when I had been making a conscious effort to improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, I will be handling this AC. While you may have intended the comment to be aimed in an IC manner the point of your last unban was on the condition of improving your mentality and interactions with other players as you've been noted/banned before in regards to aggressive or hostile manners. Being IC angry seems to bleed heavily into OOC angry for you on a number of other occasions and that makes in hard for people to know if it's IC or OOC anger bleeding into one or the other but regardless people shouldn't be telling each other to kill themselves IC or otherwise. There's other words that can be used to express dissatisfaction with an IC interaction that doesn't come off so aggressive or toxic. 

Marm made a decision based on leniency but the nature of your last ban being removed would be to "remain bwoink free for the next couple months", it was lifted earlier in September for context, Marm should have placed a ban on you for having failed to uphold the condition of you being unbanned earlier. What meow did is perfectly reasonable for him to do since he was the one who lifted the previous ban and set the stipulation and expectation of not causing further issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use