Abkhaz

Admin Key: marginalorb
Your ckey: Abkhaz
Your Discord name: Esnat#9589

Date(s) of incident: 2023-09-22 14:53:20

ROUND ID: 37404

Nature of complaint: other

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: 

Brief description: Banned by marginalorb for metafriending(appeal is in the link). Appeal was declined, marginalorb saw no reason to lift the ban and suggested a vouch as option to reappeal. I request a transfer to a jobban, vouching for me is a problem...

Full description of events: I was playing as HOS, the round been calm, then decided to hand a free judo belt to a friend from the game, i did that without making a weapon permit(since i thought non-lethal weaponry doesnt require a permit). After this warden and captain started going wild at me which i understand, since as HOS i forgot to hand out the weapon permit. I was expecting a jobban from HOS or whole command, but got ban for metafriending. The reason was "As Head of Security, gave an assistant they hang with on the regular a Judo Belt without said assistant even asking for it and without giving them a permit for it until hounded by the Captain and Warden." The reason why i did that was because the guy likes judo belts, so decided to surprise with an actual one for free. There were many times when we were fooling around and just fighting without saying anything(like friends), but the only time i got a metafriending warning, was because of me and daut(my bro) playing together and interacting with eachother too regulary. So i appealed, it was rejected sadly, marginalorb said that i can reappeal with a vouch from the same server as para(mrp-up). I absolutely had no problem with doing a vouch, but there was a big one problem, i had 2 options for vouch, a tg server manuel, and beestation, which both lagged as heck and i have no idea why, the only server that was running smoothly on my region was paradise, sadly i couldnt explain this to marignalorb through forums since the appeal topic was closed, so thats why im here, requesting the ban to be transferred to a simple jobban from either HOS, or whole command. I really not trying to get the admin into trouble by making this post, its really not a complaint to him, just my request for a transfer to something else then a vouch(to a jobban) since vouching for me is very hard because of the lag.

Update: Tried vouching in colonial marines, but they simply dont do vouches.

thank

Edited by Abkhaz

Hello there I will be handling this, to start off there's no reason a security officer let alone the HoS should be giving their friend or anyone else a free judo belt. This is not only unrealistic but also a major issue if that person was to turn out to be an antag that caused a chaos in that round. The fact that it was your friend that you gave the judo belt to makes it even worse considering you've been warned in the recent past regarding metafriending. The only times a member of security should be handing out weapons or equipment from security should be in cases of extreme emergency, aka nuke ops or the risk the station is going to be overrun by an extreme threat. Without getting into each and every note/ban you've gotten recently, in the last three and a half months you've racked up slightly more than 20 notes for various rule breaks. We have on average players play hundreds of hours without getting more than a handful of notes spread across that same period, it's a lot of warnings and bans in such a short period that it starts to edge into the problematic player range.

As it stands I see no issues with the actions taken by marginalorb, he's within his power and authority to request that you get a vouch to be able to play on paradise again and I see no reason to lift the permaban and change it out for a jobban due to the amount of notes you've acquired in such a short period of time. We need to have some way to know that you're able to play and follow the rules without repeating the same rule breaks or causing more issues. The only way to properly prove that you can follow the rules is to do what marginalorb has said and acquire a vouch from another server that is MRP or higher with a similar set of rules.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use