Admin Complaint-itsmarmite

Blozzom

Admin Complaint-itsmarmite

Admin(s) Key: itsmarmite
Your ckey (Byond username): Blozzom
Your Discord name (if applicable): blzzoom [nicknamed : Blozzom(ula witmore) ] on paradise's discord

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 2023-08-21 23:49:34

ROUND ID: 37031 (Round ID that I got banned on, This is not a unban request!) 

Nature of complaint: Feedback 

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: (None)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Impatience and harshness! the purpose of this complaint is to give feedback and hopefully have a less eventful future on Paradise. 

Full description of events: 
I want to preface my comments with the following observation; I don't believe marmite to be a unkind person, or that any of their actions had any malice or malintent. I believe it's a misrepresentation of myself that lead to be singled out as someone to prosecuted/watch.
Perhaps it's smarter to wait until my ban is over to write this but I have time on my hands now since I'm banned so,, 

I started playing / made my account on byond on [Mon, Jul 10] Around 43 days ago. Paradise was the first server I started out with, as a new player I was stupid and did stupid things. such as executing a prisoner who wanted to be executed the wrong way (*shooting them directly). which furnished my account with notes, that I believed at the time as 2-3 notes; I was told at the time it was fine and as the notes weren't 10-20 I shouldn't worry, by other admins. but later on I found out otherwise as itsmarmite expressed that I had too many notes for how new my account was. I'm of the opinion that this and another incident (naming a character Cuban Pete not knowing history of name.) Lead to itsmarmite to think I'm a troll or a griefer, I want to preface that I'm not only naive and learning. I've tried to express so in the pest, but I believe itsmarmite still views/viewed bad faith. Which is why I'm writing this to show that I care. {which is an aspect, I believe most griefers and trolls don't have.}  I hope in the future moderation can be exercised with patience and consideration. (especially to new players!)[I'm not new anymore, I would say.]  I Would describe talking to itsmarmite previously as a new player as jarring.  There has been instances where they Grew impatient quickly and agitated, and refused to point to specific rules they claimed exist; because they were impatient. there has been an instance where they apologised for being impatient and agitated stating that they were having a bad time/week(?) at the time, which I appreciated but the pattern (the harsh treatment) hasn't really ended afterwards? recently what led up to my ban; it was a round of new nukies I formed the team of fire fighters protecting the station  with another coworker, That player pulled out a SSD nukie from maints asking if we should burn them I was of opinion that probably not, Because they are SSD. so coworker said we should handcuff them so I did, remembering that SSD players can be arrested (I have been arrested and cuffed while SSD before) and this was a nukie and found handcuffs and handcuffed them, I was thinking of releasing them but they blew up. itsmarmite soon PMed claiming that I ignored the SSD prompt (I Believe it didn't pop up because my co-woker pulled them out of maints.) after telling them that; I did not get any prompt and it was my co-worker who pulled them out of maints and said to handcuff them. They prosecuted me solely, saying what my co-worker says doesn't need to confine by the rules, and This was "my last warning."  instead of exercising consideration to the situation. Even though I wouldn't have seen or came near the nukie if my co-worker didn't pulled them out of  maints and said to handcuff em. them I was solely prosecuted. I believe this was because of itsmarmite's Bad view of me? it felt unjust and undeserving. But I don't claim to know what deserving, I just wish there was more consideration shown as it adia

They did followed through with their promise; as the round was ending I got arrested with a beer canister security promised to let me keep the beer if I come willingly so I do, afterwards they say they lied which I found funny so decided to get some light revenge by waiting until the shuttle left station and starting arriving at CC(?) and uncuffing myself and lightly hitting them with a laser rifle, they left right next to me. (not killing. Barely did any damage) I was quickly banned by itsmarmite for "shuttle grief"

Shuttle grief, disarming an officer of his IK laser rifle on the shuttle and magdumping them with it. This ban was applied by itsmarmite on 2023-08-21 23:49:34 (Round 37031). The ban is for 1440 minutes an expires on 2023-08-22 23:49:34 (server time).

there was no disarming (they left the crate right next to me with the rifle) or mag-dumping on a officer at most I shot 4-7 shots before trying to run away, Then again not like it matters This is not a ban appeal, it's a request to exercise more patience and consideration in the future and please stop viewing/treating me as a troll or the such, it's making the game hard to enjoy. 
And I hope after my 24 hour ban is over a new page can be opened and no more altercations happen, I want you to understand that I do not argue against the rules or try to troll.

Edited by Blozzom

• 4 weeks later...

First I would like to apologize for how long this has taken to be handled or even addressed, myself and the other heads have had some very busy lives lately and sadly this along with a few other admin complaints had taken a backseat in comparison to other responsibilities and real life issues. We attempt to solve these as soon as we can but sometimes it takes far longer to handle/address than we'd like to in a optimal world. 

Now onto the complaint here and I will break it into some points that we can go back and forth on or elaborate more down the line if needed but in a more structured and directed way than in a paragraph lumping points together. So starting off I will not be airing out everything that's happened in every situation as there's no reason for me to air someone's dirty laundry out for everyone to see since complaints are public for accountability sake but I will point some things out in vague sense. Majority of your notes/bans are from admins other than itsmarmite and it's typical that every time an admin talks to you regarding the rules and following them we leave a note regarding what exactly happened to the best of the admin's ability and are noted once for that incident/ban. Each additional time something happens there's a new one placed, we don't note people who ask questions via ahelp or other means as long as the questions are actual questions and someone not just spamming ahelps to mess with the admin team.

Talking briefly about the cable tieing nukies issue you bring up here, while the prompt might not have popped up when you attempted to cable tie a SSD character in that situation that is most likely an oversight somewhere in the code. Generally unless you have an admin's approval to interact with a SSD character you shouldn't be interacting with them unless you are doing one of three things; moving the SSD player from a dangerous environment (examples being unsafe atmosphere, plasma fire, anything that can kill or severely wound a SSD if left in that area), taking a SSD player to cryodorms for being disconnected for a long while, or in the cases of being an antag/security who were about to handcuff a target/wanted player before they lost connection and dropped SSD. When it comes to this situation and others you're the one responsible for your own actions, if someone tells you to do something that you're not sure you can do or are unsure about doing ahelp it before doing so to get an admin to either tell you directly it's alright to do so or to not do so.

Now onto the shuttle section which from what you've listed so far here and from your note history is the only one I can attribute to itsmarmite handling directly or indirectly as the rest were handled by other admins. If the other listed parts were for information on how you felt you were treated based on past incidents I can assure you that you were treated the same way as most other people should be treated in regards to the shuttle temp ban for shuttle grief. 

ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(224,135,2) against INVALID/(Officer Beepsky)(224,136,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(225,135,2) against INVALID/(Officer Beepsky)(224,136,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(225,135,2) against x/(Unknown Unit.)(224,136,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik 3.85% blocked
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(225,135,2) against x/(Unknown Unit.)(224,136,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik 3.85% blocked
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(224,135,2) against x/(Splattered-With-Paint)(222,135,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(224,135,2) against x/(Hijaan Karkinouw)(ANTAG)(221,135,2): Shot with a /obj/item/projectile/beam/laser/ik
SAY: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore) (226,135,2): 'beer!!'
ATTACK: x/(Sakikisyayaka)(225,135,2) against Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(226,135,2): Attacked with stunbaton (HARM) (BRUTE)
ATTACK: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)(226,135,2) against : Fallen unconscious
GAME: Blozzom/(Ula Witmore) fell unconscious at The Emergency Shuttle (226,135,2) (/area/shuttle/escape)
ADMIN: ItsMarmite/(Szymon Green) froze Blozzom/(Ula Witmore)

This all started over an incident regarding not getting a beer after being promised one by a member of security before being loaded onto the escape shuttle by security. Non-antag's shouldn't be attacking other people or causing a mess on the emergency escape shuttle before or during it's transit as well as doing anything to hinder people's ability to get onto the escape shuttle. Anyone who attacks others or causes a massive headache for other players on the shuttle is subject to getting a temp ban for shuttle grief, players shouldn't be attacking others on the shuttle, tossing grenades on the shuttle, detonating water/welding tanks, etc. It's a standard thing paradise has been doing for a long time and it applies to everyone equally, the escape shuttle is hectic enough as it is already with so many people so close together. While the shuttle is in transit it's difficult for security to keep tabs on things and even more difficult if an admin has to do any last minute investigations with the amount of log spam that can fly by in game when people go nuts on the escape shuttle. While the note/ban message isn't completely 100% accurate which I cannot heavily fault itsmarmite for due to the nature of having to deal with issues close to round end his application of the rules and policies we have in place is completely within his ability to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

If there's no other questions or concerns regarding this AC in the next few days I'm going to mark and move it as resolved. I'll leave this open till it hits two weeks since my last message which will be October 3rd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use