Server unlisted?

dreadweaver

I don't understand this. Why did the server had to be unlisted? I'm European and now I'm stuck with playing 10 people in my prime time. Was the reason griefing? European time rounds were always very quiet, with around 20-25 people... but we could still have decent round with that many people. I don't think anyone got griefed - and if someone did, they could still report it to the admins, right? Now it's very, VERY low pop. Most rounds end up being two hours long with barely anything happening at all, with most people just sitting in the bar, drinking their brains out while waiting for the shuttle to come.

So please re-list the server so us Europeans can enjoy decently-populated rounds once again.

While I can understand delisting the server at peak hours to avoid griefers, keeping it delisted during downtime (And a weekday, too) doesn't make much sense. Earlier now I saw the server had 20 people, only a fraction of whom were actually on station, and decided against joining. I suspect others have done the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to revive this, the player count has been about 35-40 on the weekend afternoons, which seems pretty low to me compared to before. Is it still necessary to keep the server unlisted?

Taken a turn for the worse, indeed.

Also, apparently, EOR grief is back.

Though not discussed nor stated on this forum or having the sticky topic on the subject updated, the end of round is now an FFA according to the "rule" button in-game.

Not just whacks and smacks, either. My last round had three major explosions when the escape shuttle landed. Obviously obtained from power gaming throughout the round. Not only is it detrminental to the round conclusion itself, but it also changes the focus of the earlier stages.

For the first time in a very long time, I started looking to other servers this weekend. The people were nice, but the servers were laggy.

Please try to keep the server listed as much as possible. Most rounds are not made for so few players (Nukies is the biggest problem) and with so many extra jobs, engineering and security are very often completely unmanned.

Usually topping out at around 50 ish players at peak times.

Doesn't have the same charm as 80 (lot more difficult to "get lost"), but strangely more work gets done.

Greytide can be a pain but anything's better than a skeletal station IMO, which is what the server usually is outside of weekends/evenings (at least in my time-zone).

Not only is it detrminental to the round conclusion itself, but it also changes the focus of the earlier stages.

Beats trawling through hundreds of player complaints each week for post-round grief.

The end of the round is the end of the round, the rest of it isn't even a part of the game because the round is over. Even extended.

Taken a turn for the worse, indeed.

Also, apparently, EOR grief is back.

Though not discussed nor stated on this forum or having the sticky topic on the subject updated, the end of round is now an FFA according to the "rule" button in-game.

Not just whacks and smacks, either. My last round had three major explosions when the escape shuttle landed. Obviously obtained from power gaming throughout the round. Not only is it detrminental to the round conclusion itself, but it also changes the focus of the earlier stages.

For the first time in a very long time, I started looking to other servers this weekend. The people were nice, but the servers were laggy.

Those three explosions were not sacientists, but an admin bombing the shuttle for maximum !!fun!!

Bump, are we gonna see a fix for this anytime soon?

It's not broken, it was Fox's decision to go unlisted.

Had yesterday off from work... I think the peak of players all day was 21 readied up during US afternoon. Multiple rounds of 9-10 readied up and 15 in game.

I echo that listing it during the weekdays should be an absolute must. I walked away during the ready selection when it was the 9 crew moments.

Could we please relist during the week?

And with the recent nukie changes you may as well curl into a ball and cry. There was a certain...round...where everything bad with nuke ops was demonstrated. It was a trainwreck of incompetence and was fun for...maybe a couple of the nukies and one or two crew.

While these are all valid points as to why we should go back to listed there poses one problem.

Since Fox has not responded to this thread, I will.

Fox disagrees with us benefiting from being listed. From what I've gathered it is because of the lack of admins, and he would rather have few players than a lot going rampant when there are no admins online.

When it boils down to it Fox is the Head Admin in charge right now, that means he has the final say if the server stays unlisted or not.

While this might seem discouraging, I support everyone who wants to give their opinion on it to go ahed and share it, because personally I think this shouldn't be about personal preference, but what everyone wants as a whole.

While these are all valid points as to why we should go back to listed there poses one problem.

Since Fox has not responded to this thread, I will.

Fox disagrees with us benefiting from being listed. From what I've gathered it is because of the lack of admins, and he would rather have few players than a lot going rampant when there are no admins online.

When it boils down to it Fox is the Head Admin in charge right now, that means he has the final say if the server stays unlisted or not.

While this might seem discouraging, I support everyone who wants to give their opinion on it to go ahed and share it, because personally I think this shouldn't be about personal preference, but what everyone wants as a whole.

Mhm, I see. Do you think making a separate thread with a poll in it will help convince Fox? I know Baystation decides on many matters by majority vote through a poll, so that may work here as well.

-snip-

Mhm, I see. Do you think making a separate thread with a poll in it will help convince Fox? I know Baystation decides on many matters by majority vote through a poll, so that may work here as well.

I wouldn't know, really.

Perhaps it would get his attention, but I am unaware of how much he uses the forum on a daily basis.

Edit: It certainly would give a better overview of what the community on the forum things of all this, as well as giving a vote to those who may not want to make a post about it, but rather just cast their vote without having to give an explanation.

because personally I think this shouldn't be about personal preference, but what everyone wants as a whole.

I believe that sentence should say it all. Yes, he may be head of admin and I believe I speak for all of us when I say we respect that, however if the majority of the player-base wishes for the server to be unlisted, then that's how it should be. It's that simple. I think it's really sad that there's only 7 players on, when there could be around 30. And I fear that, the part of the playerbase that wishes to play, with more players will seek new servers.

EDIT I see that while I was writing this post Mark has given his input as well. I have arrived at the same conclusion, that the server should be unlisted, due to the majority of the player-base. If this thread is not enough proof, then at least a vote as stated above. However I fear that if Fox decides to use his position as Head of Admins/Staff to cancel this vote in to fulfill his personal preference, then there is something wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use