Underpriced

Joey

I'm not going to do my normal post format for the sole reason that I don't feel like it.

However,

How would you feel about a 2TC item that could remove all round start sec lethals with the click of the button, including the disabler. It could also kill multiple IPC sec officers(or officers/crew with cybernetic organs) with the same amount of ease while doubling as an easy method to aid in an AI steal, also shutting off nearby comms.

I want to point out that the EMP kit is an implant with two uses and two grenades that the fulfill all of these purposes multiple times over.

I love the kit, but it literally has more uses than it's TC worth. Two grenades one use each and an implant which isn't even detectable with two uses. It's time to raise the price or just remove the implant from the box and leave the two grenades for two TC so it actually makes sense for it to be under the grenade tab in the uplink.

Edited by Joey
  • toolbox 2

I don’t see emp kit taken that often, maybe it’s been more popular recently. I don’t see the point in nerfing when you can still use chem to make your own. Also doesn’t stop batons. 

I’m gonna see if I can abuse EMP kit more now that you mentioned it. IM NOT CONVINCED OF VIABILITY. 

I can't say that I fully agree with you here. Personally I feel like it's very underrated and overlooked, but it has several downsides and I do consider it a niche pick. 

While it is a multi use item, you do need preparation before you can use it effectively, especially in combat. The addition of modsuits also means that you can't use the implant while wearing it or your modsuit will get depowered. 

I also feel like the cling EMP ability is way more problematic and overpowered than the EMP kit. 

On 7/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, Rurik said:

we should change the price to 1 tc

Honestly you're right, wish I could lock the thread here 

• 8 months later...

I think that SS13 is underpriced, we should triple the fleet budget

Edited by Bawrks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use