Addition to Chemistry

Rosebrandon0

Substituting metal/aluminum in the recipie for metal foam with a synthflesh creates creates flesh foam instead of metal foam. Flesh foam behaves similarly to metal foam, spreading across an area and leaving behind it's effect. Instead of metal foam walls the effect creates blob wall.

• Like 2

That looks like a nice idea. But instead of blob walls, it could create a new wall that's special for this reaction to make "flesh foam". Blob wall would be bad.

That's a great idea for it to be some new type of wall, but that requires a lot more work for coders and spriters. The sprite work could give it some Blood Cult vibes. The walls of flesh leave messy gibs everywhere, and when broken they drop meat.

I still think it would be worth experimenting with it being blob wall. Blob wall that's disconnected from the blob core is pretty harmless, especially if there's no actual blob core on the station. I imagine traitors using the blob walls to divert the crew to a "false" blob, and pranks.

I just had another idea. What if instead of a flesh wall, the flesh foam just leaves messy gibs everywhere it touches that the janitor has to clean up?

There's lots of room to experiment with this idea. We won't know what's the best way to handle "flesh foam" until it's made and released to the public to play with and see how it balances.

• Like 1

I do like the idea of it dropping meat. Gives it an actual purpose besides a tool to cause chaos (reminder: those are obsolete for 99% of crew).

Imagine filling some large room with it to harvest meat for chef. Pretty morbid but definitely makes it more interesting!

Edited by Sadhorizon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use