Complaint against Eric6426 - Discriminatory admin PM & Warning.

Baker

Admin(s) Key: Eric6426
Your ckey (Byond username): BakeyBoy
Your Discord name (if applicable): _baker_

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 5:37 PM EST 2023/06/19

ROUND ID: 36195

Nature of complaint:
Unjust warning for a situation that can be resolved IC, unfair note on my profile.
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

We have vampire round, armory was open on red, atleast 1 other person took a lethal from armory. I take one, use it once before realizing other officers are using disablers, switch to disabler, apprehend them. Was warned for misuse of equipment and breaking rules, and accused of stealing from armory.

Full description of events:

I was playing a round that had vampires, later on we had switched to RED and the armory was open, atleast 1 other gun was already missing so it seemed armory was opened by warden or HOS. I took a gun given this, as its usually normal to take guns if the armory was clearly open on red.

I later shot one lethal shot at a vampire others were apprehending, before realizing they were using disablers so they werent full power. I quickly switched to using disabler instead as it was my mistake, and apprehended them.

I then get an Admin PM asking "Ahem, care to explain why you stole, because you don't have neither warden nor HoS permission, lethals and then proceeded to use them without a reason?"

Firstly, I did not steal at all since I didn't break into armory, it was red, the armory shutters were open, and communication amongst our team was lacking. Secondly, atleast one other other peer had a lethal, so I was not the only one. Given this, I thought we were good to take lethals as there was a full powered vamp situation.

I realized the vamp we dealt with was not full powered, so I stopped using lethals. I FIRED ONE SHOT before realizing. Just one shot, did not kill anyone. But somehow because of my past notes, which none of them had to do with misusing equipment and misuse of lethal force, got admin PM'd while others who took from the armory likely did not. This was a completely unfair use of administrative power in my opinion. This is very upsetting to be in my notes, given the fact that if someone else did this, they would not be admin PM'd, thus feeling discriminatory.

Basically:

I told them the story, and they said "You've been on station ever since the 17 minute mark, I don't really find that story believable really.". I am on call for work, and took a 10 minute hiatus for a quick oncall during this time. This admin PM was straight up just because of my past record that had nothing to do with the context of the situation, and most of my notes being behavioral related from detoxing from a weed addiction I had for 5 years, something I have fully sorted out after taking a break and no longer have aggressive outbursts..

This was a situation that couldve and shouldve been resolved IC, and I believe this was an unfair and discriminatory PM. If I feel as though I am being watched under a magnifying glass, and scrutinized to a higher degree compared to my peers who do the exact same things. I will not be sticking around in this community for too long if I feel like I am being treated like this, personally.

I have been here since december 2022, and have 435 hours logged so far. It feels as though Im being treated like some newbie shitter who is just trouble. I feel as well given how many rounds ive played and my hours, I haven't been as much of a problem person as Im being treated. This is not something I enjoy, and actively takes the fun out of this game for me, and has ruined my mood to play.

I request that if I had been given a note, it is removed. This situation was a fuckup from me, the warden, and the HOS for keeping armory open when it wasnt supposed to be, as well as the lack of communication. Again, neither of them asked for lethals to be returned. But I am being treated as though this is entirely my fault and that I broke into the armory when this was a genuine human error, and it was not purposefully done so in vain of breaking rules or being a shitter.

I agree I shouldve asked the HOS or warden, but I did not use lethals to a full extent and kill anyone, nor seriously injure someone I corrected my use of equipment after realizing the vampire was not powered ONLY one shot hit them. This again, couldve been resolved IC but was not because of my "behavior", none of my behavior relating to abuse of equipment or misuse of lethal force.

This was legitimately a fuckup from multiple parties, but all of the blame is being put on me because Im seen as a "problem"

Forgot to add too that this was said:

"You're not looked under a magnifying glass, but if you rack up notes about certain issues or departments next offenses do get seen faster as the notes speak for a world and a half"

Yes, most if not all of my notes were as sec, because I ONLY play sec. If you look at my stats, I wouldnt be surprised if 90% of my playtime was as sec. Of course I will have notes as sec, but I've also played over 70 rounds as sec at this point. To me, it just seems the reason for this PM was not justified and was just done because of my notes as sec, the only department I play. Being told that my "behavior this shift wasnt good" for an actual human error when my behavior has been way better since detoxing is also just demeaning and condescending at best.

I have 435 hours, and 90% of my playtime is sec. There will be fuckups, I am not perfect. I have done worse on accident before and never gotten admin PM'd, but now that I have a couple notes, its different all of the sudden.

Hello and thank you for making this admin complaint, I'm handle this issue as a misapplication of the rules.

All three heads of staff reviewed this situation and agreed with the case you made and wanted to make a few clarifications + a followup note to make sure this is not held against you going forward. In this situation, the logs agree with what you said in regards to only shooting the laser 1-2 times and switching to disabler almost immediately after realization. It's hardly a violation of our play the role you've chosen rule and would have been best just handled ICly or shrugged off.

I think Eric was trying to note down an observation they were making with the intention of just making a note to ensure that this isn't part of a larger pattern (which we encourage GAs to do) and perhaps just went a bit too far with it. I've already talked with Eric about it and they've agreed that this would be a good course of action. The warning you received is no longer considered a warning in your notes and won't be held against you going forward.

Thank you for taking the time to make this complaint and I'm happy that we could come to a beneficial conclusion for both parties. I'll leave this complaint open for another week for additional comment or questions.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use