Adding New Item: Advanced Medical Hypospray.

Venuska1117

Name: Advanced Medical Hypospray (AMH)

Desc: AMH is medium sized tool what can fit into satchel, tool can be aquired at RnD with 2 upgrades and can't store chemicals without upgrades:

AMH Standard Chemicals - Installing this upgrade will consume all 100% capicity for AMH, it will have standard set of 3 chemicals used very often to treat patients: Charcoal, Saline-Glucose and Epinephrine.

AMH Selective Chemicals - Installing this upgrade will consume 30% capicity for AMH, it will allow player to choose before installing with chemical (one type) can be stored in AMH (like menu choice where you have written all chemicals), of course this upgrade will need higher RnD research and mineral cost.

Notes:
- After installing AMH upgrades, player can change chemicals by clicking on AMH (similar how medic cyborgs choose chemicals to inject).
- Players need fill AMH with chemicals they choosed.
- Upgrades can be removed from AMH with crowbar (similar to PKA).

Where Idea come from: I got this idea after playing few times as medic, and i really liked that hypospray can inject any chemicals quickly, but i like to hold 30units of each key fluid (glucose, ephi and charcoal) in 3 different hyposprays, so i tough one time: "What if there was hypospray what can contain 3 different chemicals in one spray" so i make reskin of basic medical hypospray, and want to ask to make it reality.

Edit: I read all 3 comments (at time of editing it) and i thank you for showing me that i explained this wrong way, so i now will try explain it a little better and change upgrades from capicity suggestion to different.

You can write comments if you think i still need change it more.

Filling chemicals animation:Medical_hypospray_0.png -> Medical_hypospray_1.png -> Medical_hypospray_2.png -> Medical_hypospray_3.png

Edited by Venuska1117
Need better explanation to minimalize missunderstanding.
  • Like 2

• Venuska1117 changed the title to Adding New Item: Advanced Medical Hypospray.

Sounds like not bad of an idea to me; currently you can just get and carry three separate hyposprays anyway, so this would pretty much just be a QoL item that saves on awkward inventory management, assuming the same chemical restrictions apply.
The capacity upgrades are probably unnecessary, just keeping it at 30u or maybe 20u per chem slot shouldn't really be overpowered anyhow?

Plus, non-surgeon doctors don't really get any science tool upgrades besides the compact defibrillators, of which the selling point (being able to carry them in a bag and use anywhere) rarely even comes up; this would fill in the niche a bit.

Edited by CinnamonSnowball

I am on the edge about this idea, because I genuinely despise doctors hogging multiple hyposprays/handheld defibs. They were intended to be QoL items in the first place (no need to use epipens then litter with the empty injector), not something to bypass pill timers/patch requirements with.

I believe cyborgs have a hypospray with multiple chemicals in it because they are physically unable to use pill bottles/patch boxes or administer pills/patches. Doctors are capable of all of this, and I don't see a situation where one absolutely needs to inject something instantly that is not epi or salbutamol (to keep the patient alive).

I am not sure if people are not aware of these pill/patch containers and thus not using them or if chemistry has not enough active players for multihypos becoming the standard.

The idea itself is good, cyborgs already have it and it is useful, but I don't think it'd be healthy for the game. People gotta slow down a bit.

• Like 2

I don't really like the idea. It feels... Unnecessary. Sure, it's QoL thing but, inventory management is kind of fun by itself. Remembering where you have what, what does it contain etc. I don't think para players have that big issues with these. 

You can also easily avoid carrying 3 hypos. Constantly refilling empty one with needed chems, which I would say is more fun than clicking one button 3 times.

But that is my opinion. I, personally, would not even bother to get one, like ever.

Edited by Sadhorizon

While I don't think that is the intention, currently according to this post AMH Selective Chemical could store any chemicals.

Which is very bad, considering that you normally need a emag or CMO's hypo to be able to store harmful chemicals. (Prion-Capulettium-Meth AMHs anyone?)

Other than that, despite the fact that I do agree with CinnamonSnowball's sentiment of non-surgeon doctors not having Science upgrades, I usually don't find myself needing more than 2 hyposprays - People generally put hypomixes into the spray anyways, so it isn't a really big QoL buff if AMHs are tweaked to only be able to accept the normal set of Medical chems.

In short, currently the AMH is a huge antag buff due to being able to accept any chems, and if it was tweaked to not accept all chems it really isn't too useful compared to a normal hypo in my opinion.

Well i wrote "all chemicals from list" and list can be created depending on person, so "harmfull" chemicals can be removed, but don't normal hypospray can accept all chemicals?

Edited by Venuska1117

6 hours ago, Venuska1117 said:

but don't normal hypospray can accept all chemicals?

Nope. Regular hypospray, found in vendors, does have closed list of acceptable reagents.

@Sadhorizon 

Nope. Regular hypospray, found in vendors, does have closed list of acceptable reagents.

Then, we can use this closed list from hypospray on this module to make it same as hypospray, i didn't intend to it have "All" chemicals, just "All" listed ones, my bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use