Whitelist/Karma Virologist

Mark9013100

Should Virologist be whitelisted?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Virologist is one of the only jobs on the station capable of sending it straight to hell under ten minutes, whether it be emitting plasma, toxic shutdown syndrome, kingstons, etc. It should just be whitelisted/made a karma role to prevent major disasters.

Well any engineer can fuck the station with the supermatter or singlo, any atmos tech can gas the entire station, any scientist can do any number of horrible things.....if we start karma-locking every job that has a chance to cause mass grief, slippery slope and all that

Maybe give the virologist something more useful to do, seeing how any useful viruses they do make always seem to have some hidden horrible symptom or mutated one

Well any engineer can fuck the station with the supermatter or singlo, any atmos tech can gas the entire station, any scientist can do any number of horrible things.....if we start karma-locking every job that has a chance to cause mass grief, slippery slope and all that

Yes, but those areas are under constant supervision from other players, where else the virologist is in a secluded part of the station.

Yes, but those areas are under constant supervision from other players, where else the virologist is in a secluded part of the station.

The CMO should be checking in from time to time and true that the other places are being supervised by more people but you can cure a virus, you can't cure a singularity ripping up the station and good luck cleaning the station of toxins after the atmos makes a mistake. also adding karma or whitelist won't help that much because people will still have to learn how to play that job and will still make some terrible terrible mistakes.

I believe that if Virology was made a karma job, a virus could break out during rounds that there isn't a Virologist. Sure the CMO could run in and find a cure, but at that point, should there really be a virologist job?

If the concern is that the Virologist is doing his work un-observed, then perhaps we should consider moving Virology itself, perhaps where everyone in medbay can walk by and see it. If quarantine is a problem, then the room can easily be locked down and perhaps have it's own air supply the CMO/Someone can control.

TL:DR Don't make it karma, just move it.

ID controlled scanners isn't a bad idea at all.

I was thinking about it the other day, on making certain rooms log what IDs were used to enter/exit. I mean, the code is there, it already checks against permissions, all it has to do is have an IC log somewhere that you can check [CMO/Captain office, etc].

I voted yes simply because I'm tired of virologists "accidentally" releasing their stuff. If anything it should have a considerable wait time before you can take the job.

i'm straight up gonna say no; let's be honest, virology is boring, nobody will buy it, because at the first sign of a virus the CMO would fix it, or a herd of 'metagamers' runs to the HoP, jobban people who can't be bothered washing their hands and change the round into the human side of plague inc.

not to mention the problems if the heads are unavaileble; this can be due to revs, traitors lings, or an other antags, really, you need a full time viro in that case, and making it a karma job will do the opposite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use