A squishy situation

Busters

IC Name of Offender: Jack Chaplin

OOC Name: Therealbusters

IC Name of Witnesses: Unknown, Unknown, Paladin Vodkahammer, Gerard Metaclura (RD) (kidnapping victim)

Your IC Name: Jack Chaplin

Time and Date of Incident (GMT): Around 10am

Admins online at the time: fre3bie

Rule(s) Broken: Excessive Violence

Description of Incident:

This isn't a request to be unbanned. I'll take a time out. But more of a complaint about the length of the ban and the situation it involved.

Earlier tonight, I returned to the station from doing Xenoarchaeology to find my RD severely wounded and seeking medical attention. Apparently some nefarious person was causing trouble on the station while I was away and they'd messed up my boss pretty bad

While I was requesting help, a person wearing a miss-matched disguise, a mask and no ID badge ran up, grabbed my RD, and pulled them out of medibay, making for the club. I followed, and attacked them until they dropped the RD. Another Unknown chased the kidnapper as well.

Here's the log

Gerard Metaclura [145.9] says, "I am-m-m D-DY-YING-G on-n t-th-he med-d-d-dial-l f-fl-loor. S-Someon-ne save m-me."

Jack Chaplin says, "Are there no dcotors?"

Unknown kneels down, puts his hand on Gerard Metaclura's wrist and begins counting their pulse.

Jack Chaplin says, "This person is super dying"

Jack Chaplin says, "Help them"

Unknown has grabbed Gerard Metaclura passively!

Paladin Vodkahammer says, "The fuck"

Gerard Metaclura says, "Wh-h are y-you p-p-p-peop-pl-le l-let-t-tt-tin-ng-g h-him d-do t-th-his-s."

OOC: OyVey: yall dont lie now whos been tip toein' in their jordans

Unknown has been bashed in the chest with wrench by Jack Chaplin!

The wound on Unknown's chest widens with a nasty ripping voice.

I tried to yell for security, but then I realized that: with only 14 people on, there was no security.

At this point, kidnapper turned on me with a crowbar. With the help of the other unknown, he went down. Then he got back up and grabbed his crowbar again.

Pretty sure that's lethal intent.

Now, I normally play on goonstation and there he would have been spaced while injected with Chlorine Trifluoride well before the wrench came out. And here I am, with no security in sight, or sound, facing someone who's obviously intent on killing me and other people on the station.

So I bashed their skull in with a wrench.

Neither unknown said a word the entire time.

I however, had plenty of time to yell over the coms for security and shout "Goonstation style, bitches!" before crushing their skull.

If someone wanted to say "stop" or "you don't understand" they could have.

Had I been really malicious I would have dragged him somewhere private and finished him off in secret, then hid the body. Or spaced him. But no. I chose to do it in public, with witnesses, because it was pretty obvious who was attacking who.

I understand how this warrants a time out for excessive violence. But three days for defending the station? For beating up such an obvious antag? It would be one thing if I turned on a co-worker and decided to kill them for stealing a beaker. But for killing someone who's obviously trying to harm me and other players? Yeah it was excessive. So have sec arrest me and brig me for the rest of the round, have a trial. Role play a bit.

So I'll take my ban. But I think you're being way too meddlesome if you can't let players in the game enforce laws against excessive violence.

• 6 months later...