traitorwizardnukecultchanextravaganza

Round starts and I am AI

Five minutes in singularity is loose. New world record. I watch as it swallows the only engineer. I call the shuttle and let everyone know, as I facepalm hard enough to kill any brain cells that survived that round.

I see an atmos engineer sneaking away from the scene of the crime, right away I am suspicious. I peek over into atmos and confirm my suspicions. I don't have time for this, so I bolt him off from the engineering pod. Continue to monitor the loose singularity. He manages to break into the pod. As I watch him I see a flash of a red figure fly by the pod. I shrug it off as some fuck in a NASA suit.

The station starts to flood with plasma. People are choking and dying.

Xenomorphs arrive on station, spiders in tail.

OhShit.jpg

People load into the shuttle. Someone starts a fire.

I tell anyone left to head for the clown planet.

Within minutes there are no survivors save for some Xenos on station. I am busy lamenting my lone existence when I see an new arrival. The HoS. Immediately I begin instructing him on how to survive here.

It was systemshock level shit.

As he approaches medbay my mistake bites me in the ass. He finds a nuke op. The get in a laser battle and the HoS wins, stunning the op. But they both get infected by face huggers. The nuke op dies first. The HoS gets in the cloning pod and tells me to scan and clone him. It won't work. While he is in the pod the xeno hatches. But the HoS miraculously lives, having expelled some xenogoop.

I send him to the captains office to stop the nuke op who found the disc in the captains locker (not a safe place)

As they are dueling I notice two more entities approaching from the north of the bridge and the south of the bridge.

A clown soldier, and an uknown in a white space suit. To my surprise they are both friendly, and ex-crew members.

They team up with the wounded HoS and chase after the nuke op who blew a hole in the wall and escaped. They chase him all the way to escape where he, and his wounded prone ally, prepared to make a last stand. After minutes of grueling back and forth laser action the nuke ops laid dead, the stuck clown soldier splattered on the wall, and the sat HoS wounded.

The crew that was listening in from the mining post cheered for us.

It was glorious.

I was the Captain that round. I hid the nuke disc there because I thought it would be a safe place to hide it. It was my 2nd round as captain (First was during a rev round). I learned from my mistake and I will take better precautions and use a different spot. Getting stuck on the shuttle (The one that docks off security) that round was horrible because everyone was committing suicide. eventually I came up with a brilliant idea to break into the cockpit and initialize launch. Right as our launch counter hit 0 the round ended.

Right, first off you want to learn the very basics of the atmos loop:

http://www.ss13.eu/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_Atmospherics#Atmospherics_Layout

Now, there are some minor differences between the loops but their basic layout and function is the same.

The main thing you want to lookout for is the non-airmix lines. See the three yellow lines forking off the larger yellow line that goes by the filters? The ones with a digital valve and then a pump?

Those are the non-airmix lines and should NEVER be on. UNLESS someone is manning atmos and making gas mixtures. Should be obvious enough if that is the case.

If those are on, check the little glass room with the mess of pipes. Check if any digital valves leading to the large mixing tank are turned on. Check the yellow line and see if the pump connecting that to the blue air distro line is on.

If all of those are on, someone is trying to sabotage atmos. Simply turn all those valves off and if you have detected it quickly, there shouldn't be much deathgas in the air distro line.

That is just a very basic, noobs way of sabotaging atmos though.

Beware of any techs making dangerous gas mixtures (so pretty much any of the non-airmix gasses, cept CO2 if they are using the coolers, thats for fire fighting.) in canisters, you can easily make some extremely nasty mixtures using the heater.

Keep an eye on anyone changing the digital valves around to manual valves or connecting lines from the non-airmix tanks to the air distro line. Nobody ever uses those lines for anything good.

Have a look at some of the legitimate improvements to atmos you can do here:

http://80.244.78.90/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1285

Got any other questions? Was I too vague about anything?

I remember that round, kinda. I decided to ask an admin to let me play in the admin station for a bit, then the shuttle was called and I started listening in on the radio as I practiced ghetto surgery on a mutilated kidan, played with a LWAP Sniper, and made magical deadly chem concoctions. Made me regret not joining the round, as it would have been great. Kudos to that HoS, and to you. You've got a great way of telling these stories.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use