Secret Mode - Red Herring

Lifixs

*Round Starts*

The NT rep is informed that Centcom has sent a series of secret inspectors to test the stations defenses and adherence to protocol.

Several of the crew are randomly chosen to be the secret inspectors, and they are each given objectives comparable to those of a syndicate agent. They are authorized to commit non-violent/majorly destructive crimes in order to achieve their objectives. Their PDA contains an uplink that allows them to order "replica" versions of syndicate gear. (Like toys but much more convincing and harder to identify.)

After 30ish minutes the heads are sent a list of the secret inspectors to pardon, and a "report card" is automatically generated based on how successful the inspectors were at achieving their objectives. Inspectors may then optionally file a report to centcom if they witnessed any gross violations of protocol.

The rest of the round is basically extended, but with legal aftermath and repairs. Admins can initiate additional threats if so desired.

Perhaps you could have a few real traitors alongside the dummy traitors for additional chaos.

I considered this, but dismissed it as being too difficult for security to reasonably handle. Though that would be a majestic shitstorm of both bureaucracy and terrorism.

Love the idea, in theory. However, do you really trust the RP skills, and just basic understanding of SOP by all involved enough for this to work? I mean, I have high hopes that these things will happen, eventually, but for now . . .

PS

Oh, but maybe, after enough of these round types happening, it might condition the player base in a better direction . . . Perhaps . . .?

However, do you really trust the RP skills, and just basic understanding of SOP by all involved enough for this to work?

It would hinge on the NT Rep really, who should be proficient in both. The Secret Inspectors only need to attempt their objective then report what happened from their perspective. Also the IAA's would be available to assist in any investigations, or atleast they should be given their role.

If the rest of the crew are crappy at RP and SOP, then they will likely come under investigation.

I think many threads in this forum demonstrate that you cannot pick random players to RP a consistent experience on proper protocol.

Examples are (paraphrased the thread titles):

* Bureaucracy thread.

* How not to get a shitcurity experience.

It could be interesting as a learning tool. It could be mentor-and-up only and explicitly selectable. In that case, it could be really useful. What better way to check security than from the view of an antag?

We could use more in-game training tools.

There was a training grounds in engineering once, but I never saw it work. When I was a rookie engineer, the chief tried to use it, but he couldn't get it started.

Streaky had this IA boot camp going which I signed up on, but we never met up in-game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use