Pickpocket Antag?

Miraneitan

Was standing next to the RD who was refusing to leave science while I was a traitor the other day. He didn't seem to mind I was standing unnaturally close [some of you people wig out if someone gets within 20 meters] and I considered for a brief moment going for his ID. Only thing was it broadcasts a huge notice "MORON A IS TRYING TO TAKE DUDE B's ID OFF HIM!"

Made me think about an Antag job, Pickpocket. Random objectives include "Steal Moron A's ID, Steal Captain's Flask/chainofcommand/hat, Smoke Captain's Cigar [or detective's cigs]" and other fun activities that could get security to knock out your teeth!

Probably should put a *NO ROBUSTING TARGET* descriptor in there. Thieves guild honor?

Maybe gloves that remove the notification [a percentage of a chance of being spotted perhaps?]

Pink panther quotes?

One of my best rounds was a round where I had to steal the laser gun on another station and escape. It was a relatively quiet round so when I made a wall door and stole the stuff the detective actually was forced to be useful! Thievery always seems to come hand in hand with shooting the shit out of people on most SS13 groups.

ACTUALLY, there is a Traitor item that does just the thing you described! They're called "Pickpocket Gloves." They look exactly like black gloves and, when you attempt to take someone's ID card or the contents of either of their pockets while wearing these gloves, no BIG RED MESSAGE appears warning them (they'll still see their ID vanish or pockets go empty if they're paying attention to their UI, but no information will show who took it.)

So, yea. Half your work's done already.

I think it would be worth expanding the pickpocket role into a full-blown "Thief" role, creating a sort of burglar/corporate spy antag with Syndicate gear who must collect a shopping list of items from the station.

Edit: SUBTLY collect a shopping list of items from the station using stealth and subterfuge, no running and gunning like some ridiculous graytide. Perhaps killing 2+ targets would result in a failed mission - though I'm not sure if the current code can keep track of who has killed who...

Psh, who needs to be an antagonist to pickpocket? Rifling through people's pockets doesn't show any message for the other person and you can do it as much as you wish. Just hope they don't notice or you'll have someone on your back or even find yourself stuffed into the brig.

Just saying, pickpocketing mimes are the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use