RD mech Override

Regen

It kind of hit me with mechs and HONK's running around likes headless chickens.

Wouldn't you have a safety switch for Mechs that requires a high rank ID?

My suggestion is as follows:

Allow the RD and RD only along with the RD ID card to access the Mech maint and access panel even when it has been disabled by operator, as well as allowing DNA resets.

Why?

Because people like to hug mechs and only depart with them when they are destroyed. This gives option #2 as well as allowing the station to recover DNA locked mechs from people who've gone SSD.

Why only the RD?

Well, I think it would be a neat feature that only the RD could do, due to their job giving them the experience needed to know of such an override, pluss I hate Civilians (Assistants) who will just meta it.

For coders

Make it a goddamn var, so we can disable it on Marauders etc.

There already is a safety switch for mechs. There's a tracking beacon that can be fitted onto mechs, but the problem is the tracking beacon isn't effective enough to be worthwhile, and the people making the mechs have no incentive to add them as more often than not, if they intend mischief they'll be the ones riding them.

Make the tracking beacon more powerful, and revert DNA lock when it's activated.

There already is a safety switch for mechs. There's a tracking beacon that can be fitted onto mechs, but the problem is the tracking beacon isn't effective enough to be worthwhile, and the people making the mechs have no incentive to add them as more often than not, if they intend mischief they'll be the ones riding them.

Make the tracking beacon more powerful, and revert DNA lock when it's activated.

Can still be countered with just not adding the tracker to the Mech

You can swipe your card on mechs and mess with the access requirements, and it doesn't even have an access level requirement; basically anyone can do this. Some mechs need to be in maintenance mode before they'll let you do it, though. You need to have the ones added on your id card or you just can't plain enter the mech. If you're really worried about mechs and are the RD or whoever, you can add a high access level to the mech this way.

do mechs really need a nerf? RD gets a lot of stuff already I don't think he needs something else he can lord over the rest of science, new things that are added should be spread out not focused on making the heads more powerful.

DNA lock however should be easier to revert. I would like to see a panel in the roboticist's and RD's rooms that can override DNA locks to allow any one to enter them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use