Bloodhound Bots

monkeysfist101

I posted this before the rollback, but it seems to be lost to the sands of time. It would be helpful to the detective if robotics could build a robotic bloodhound to help with investigations. I would be able to follow scent and fingerprint trails from the crime scene. This would give killers a reason to wash their clothes and take a shower after a murder.

You know, if implemented with certain limitations, this could actually be an interesting idea. From what I've seen in rounds detectives rarely identify subjects from the evidence at the crime scene, much less actually locate and capture them. A bloodhound bot in cooperation with the detective could be a potent force for catching antagonists.

It should move rather slowly though, so an antag can stay ahead as long as he keeps moving. This can dissuade many antags simply hiding in lockers until security gives up trying to find them. It also won't be able to say out loud who it is tracking, just follow the path until it eventually reaches the person and stops. It will also need to rely on security following it to actually make the arrest (Or protect it from being destroyed by the person it's tracking). And once the killer takes a shower, the bot stops following (Unless the killer forgot to wear gloves and so leaves fingerprints at the crime scene for the bot to also track).

That should make it a useful, but not overpowered, tool for the detective.

It could "bark" if brought next to an object with biological trace material from the target. And target itself

Maybe put a maximum number of simultaneous targets (3?) that the hound could be looking for.

One slot may be used for ambrosia.

Cue thread about security needing "dog handler" type of job title... 10 karma

I was using "scent" as an arbitrary value. I believe that the game tracks whoever's been on a tile or at least, the chemicals they leave behind.

I had also forgot to add that the bot can be E-magged to track someone down and deal brute damage. (Biting)

I think that just responding to the same trace elements that can be lifted with the detective scanner would go a long way. It could "point" at the items. But the detective/handler would be the one putting it in proximity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use