New Feature: Laying pipes through walls.

Bone White

So, recently I've come across the realisation that 90% of the work involved in most atmos alterations/repairs, is that you have to deconstruct a wall or a machine to place a pipe underneath it. So my proposal is to have an item that will squeeze pipes under walls/objects, without having to deconstruct them first. This should be easier for straight pipes (waste and atmos), though if I can get it working it should be able to be extended to electrical cable too.

I haven't even begun to look at the code for it, but I wondered how useful you Engineers / Atmosians would find this?

EDIT - renamed title to better reflect how it works.

Edited by Guest

HAHA! YES! Repairing pipes...well...lets just say its something I never even attempt. While yer at it, could you up the range and allow for several different blink settings on the T-ray?

HAHA! YES! Repairing pipes...well...lets just say its something I never even attempt. While yer at it, could you up the range and allow for several different blink settings on the T-ray?

I could make an advanced T-Ray scanner, which has a greater range. Maybe make it a R&D or limited stock item.

This would certainly be useful, because by the time I start fixing piping after an explosion, engineers have usually gone ahead and just built walls everywhere without replacing the pipes. It's difficult enough not having a real reference to where pipes were before without that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use