Every donated $10 = 5 Karma

block1

Just gonna throw it out there, it'll generate more revenue for the server so it'll stay up and the donor gets to enjoy the karma jobs, races and ambassadors without having to earn it. It's simply a suggestion, nothing more.

I heard a while back in OOC that the server alone last month only was donated about 10 bucks and that the admins pay to keep the server up, if this is true then it's obvious more rewards need to go into donating since people don't donate just to feel good and the admins shouldn't have to be taking money out of their own wallets to keep the server alive. So heres my idea that will 100% get backlash but will work. $10 will earn you 5 karma to spend in-game or you can choose to get a fluff item, a lot can happen with the extra funds. Not just keeping the server up but looking long-term into perhaps getting a standalone version of this game, seems crazy but it could definitely happen with the proper funds.

Donating can get you either a fluff item or karma, with $10 equalling a fluff item or 5 karma.

I most likely won't be participating in this thread at all since I don't want to be labeled the bad guy for even imagining of such a sneaky scheme like this! Just a thought outside the box is all.

Edited by Guest

I haven't read but I wanna get this thought out.

You shouldn't be allowed to buy Karma because karma is for good deeds done, and the donating can be played. Server hosting can be done donation free if the person budgets, and keeps a reasonable spending cushion. (I can help with that).

Back when the server first started, Neca and I paid half the cost each and we bought hosting. That really didn't last very long before we had the server we're currently using donated to us. We are also receiving staggering amounts of monetary donations so far. While the donations do help, and open up our options, they're not something that we're actively chasing or promoting.

To put it short, we're not going to sell out and give karma for people to pay for it, I believe that would flaw the whole karma system, and after a while people would just not care to give it away anymore.

Donating is something you do as a gesture of appreciation and support towards the server and its staff, not to get any kind of advantage over other players.

We do have the fluff items, which kind of contradicts what I just said, but they we're originally a karma reward, but ponies realized that certain people would get wasts amount of karma, and he didn't have time to manually add custom items all day, so he made it a reward for donating instead.

Fluff items are meant to be items that give no advantage in game anyways, while karma is a "currency" of sorts.

At least we're not selling VIP and packs that give you three weeks free of preemptive justice from admins :P