Capturing exotics for Research.

Habalabam

(I thought I had suggested this somewhere before, but I was unable to find it)

A main theme within the genre of sci-fi is the organization that doesn't mind breaking a few eggs to make the omelet. It certainly is a prevalent theme in the Alien series.

I think that creatures such as.

• Xeno.

• Changeling.

Vampire.

Ninja.

Wizard.

Carp.

Space bear.

other...?

...should give some RnD benefits when captured.

If xenos are discovered, then CentComm may instruct NT Rep and Captain that they would like a live specimen for pickup or that the specimen should be contained in a xenobio holding cell.

Research may involve things putting the specimen in nearly critical condition (suffocation, heat, cold, tolerance for chloral hydrate, etc).

The rewards should be substantial. Researching a vampire could lead to ways of exposing/tracking/fighting other vampires.

Exploring the border of ethics. A body could be produced in genetics to allow a captured facehugger/egg to burst.

I fully support this idea and have some input.

Containment Cage: Built using metal, reinforced with plasteel, then an airlock electronics. Can be locked and unlocked with either an ID directly, or remotely using a signaler. This would be the preferred means of transporting dangerous specimens. Perhaps this should look like the cage from the beginning of Jurassic Park?

You should also be able to remove the creatures limbs, head, etc and use to gain research levels.

Conceivably, the facility could also be used to check wether or not a subject is human.

The tests would not be humane. Thus opening up more RP elements along classical ethical dilemmas.

Possible additional gameplay elements:

• Round End score penalty if done to a human.

• The facility would stop working if it was used on a human subject twice (lawsuit/union safeguards).

It might need two heads swiping cards.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use