More event planners

mikecari

There are a lot of interesting event ideas that really haven't been tried yet, yet it is very rare that we have custom events such as NanoTrasen officials inspecting the station, interdimensional space pirates looking to loot the place, and the occasional code epsilon (aka death squad, though not necessarily hostile to everyone).

This is unfortunately due to a lot of admins having work or personal errands. There are times when as the captain, I send evidence to centcom about a major threat and request a code gamma, yet there is no response. It's not necessarily game breaking, but it sort of ruins the RP a bit for me. My personal suggestion is to get more event planners to help create interesting scenarios that the crew will not be able to predict so there is no metagaming and there is a sense of mystery and excitement on the station for almost every round.

Edited by Guest

Actually, I've been on for 2 custom events in the last 2 days.

The first was based on the corrupt a wish thread in cilvilian days - there were 2 'wish granters' that had been smuggled aboard by the wizard federation and each granted one wish to each person who used it, with some unforeseen consequences - I loved it when one person wished for ultimate power and got turned into an AI :)

The other was a 'tame' alien queen starting off in Xeno with an NT instruction to find a way of using it to make plasma. Unfortunately, when she had children, they weren't so tame ;)

For me to see 2 in 2 days means they have really increased the number of custom events an awful lot... I used to see about one a month.

Bear in mind that it's not just a case of picking people to do events. They have to know for sure they can trust the person with the admin powers - the last thing you want is an admin who gets pissed off and starts griefing. Then that person also has to be willing to be an admin - which means a) you're going to be spending a fair amount of your play time dealing with ahelps and griefers and b) you'll never have any sense of mystery and excitement yourself, as you'll always know what the round type is and who the antags are.

Yeah, I saw the wish granter one. Somebody wished for laser eyes, and got them, however whenever he used them it caused him horrible pain. A civilian wished for power to destroy everyone in his way and got turned into a wraith. I believe my wish was for security to stop chasing a ninja, who actually seemed to have non-harmful objectives, instead the ERT started chasing him around.

Yeah, engineering was full of them, one of the engineers was scared of them and I was the atmos tech, so I went around with the fire axe bashing their brains in.

I had an idea regarding Pirates, but instead of just the basic yo ho fiddle de dee, they would be their own race with their own lore.

Brief description: similar to Orks in Warhammer 40k, they're not very bright, and most of their equipment is stolen NT or other space associated companies. Their weaponry is mostly non-electronic, because basic guns such as pistols are easier to understand then lazer guns, and their armor is very similar (Not very advanced)

Brief Lore: No real goverment. Warlords control fleets that roam the galaxy. Ship commanders are Chiefs, and the lowest rank is tribesman.

Game-mode Objectives: I had four in mind...

1. Pillage - Steal as much as you can (As long as it holds value Exe. AI)

2. Capture - Kill the heads and assume dominance

3. Destroy - Warlord demands blood! Steal the nuke and destroy station!

4. Parley - Warlord calls ceasefire, chief and tribesmen expected to talk about a treaty. This round would require the captain knowing ahead of time about the peace conference and perhaps another head has an objective to stop it. Also, a random time the warlord (GM) can call the ceasefire off, thus returning to one of the other game modes.

This is just a brief summary of pirate ork-like aliens. If anyone interested, I can make a full suggestion thread with complete lore and racial abilities/debuffs

Yeah, engineering was full of them, one of the engineers was scared of them and I was the atmos tech, so I went around with the fire axe bashing their brains in.

You do me proud!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use