Karma from end round objectives.

Habalabam

This must have been suggested before.

Background:

Is it just me or are people brushing off security more than they used to? I played four rounds Yesterday as an officer and every time I was dealing with highly uncooperative witnesses who couldn't believe that it was their problem that they were in restricted areas, that they posessed artifacts that they shouldn't have, that other witnesses reported them carrying weapons etc. I was accused of being a ling, shitcurity, traitor, imbecile, incompetent, gay, blind etc over common channel. Many were non-antags, but every one of them knew why they were being approached/detained and had taken active steps to be in the situation they were in.

I think it is metagaming when people are willingly digging themselves into a demotion because they know they will have a job next round. It effectively steals a security officer for the duration of the process.

Is there a way that people would have more insentive of being part of a safe and productive workplace?

That people would hope to take as little as possible of the time of the security officer?

That engineering would make their best efforts to re-establishing mining if something happened?

I would suggest that if:

* Crew objectives were met (round score). They could also vary to a greater extent so that the captain and department heads could face some variety when directing the various efforts. Science goals. Mining goals. Xenoarcheology. Viral research. Production goals. Secret goals like capture of a live xeno/wizard/ninja for research etc. Maybe engineering needs to set up the cargo bay to be a factory. Not to mention away missions.

* No antagonist achieved all their objectives.

... then the entire crew would receive a fifth of a karma each.

If this was the case, then people would support eachothers efforts more. People would report crime and hope that the person was being caught. Engineering would be pressed to re-establish mining efforts.

It would simply give the crew a communal sense of direction and insentive. And people would also be more vary about accepting responsibilities way above their competence levels.

The amount of karma and how the round scoring works are just tweaks. A full karma is fine by me, I just didn't want this thread to turn into a "karma inflation" discussion. Give two to every head of staff, for that matter.

I just want people to actually mind when the station is not working, when it is in danger and when resources are being wasted (wether it is mining flow, research activity, supply points, officer/engineer time or something else).

The intention is not that nobody should break space law. Just to have the general population caring about the well being of the station. Most LEO will tell you about the 90-10 rule. 10 percent of the population is causing 90 percent of the police work. These days I find that too many of the non-antags see nothing wrong with being generally un- and counterproductive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use