Vox dance bar

Kluys

so after turning the current dance bar into a vox atmosphered place for the 8th time I thought, why dont these voxes have this as a standard vox room, its never used for anything else for as far as i can tell. I then watched some trailers for hotline miami 2, found this image http://pu.cdn.hub.nl/media/misc/175523.jpg thought of a club and how we already had an unused one in place and then about an hour later I had created this

http://imgur.com/hduv4Ml

specifications

I had to make a weird system with conveyor belts to get in because placing an airlock there would take up alot of space i would have to rip away from another area + i dont know how airlocks would function between two locations with difrent gas mixes.

The floor sprite still needs some improving but i want to see how the purple looks with the dance bar equipment turned on before doing anything with it.

The female vox hologram in the middle of the room is animated. http://imgur.com/cQ46ia4

The air alarm was switched too mode two which to my understanding sets it to a vox room immidiatly. The room has a simple atmos system that connects the room vent too two connectors with N2 tanks instead of the main distribution system.

I know creating a bar JUST for voxes would be a little racially biased towards them but other races that dont react to gasses could use it as well and the races that do can just use their internals.

And last but not least, the dance club systems are unchanged and still intact for as far as i can tell.

Do the belts go opposite directions?

Also, 'Club Vox' comes to mind as a name, which can also be a reference to Club Vox in Invisible War.

Any chance of getting an external airlock added to the outside leading to space? Point vaguely it at the north easternmost vox raider ship warppoint.

Belts go in oposite directions and are controlled by the conveyor switches on the best side (going in belt gets going if you use the switch in the hallway, going out belt switch is inside the bar)

I could add an external airlock but before i do that i would like to learn how to actually make them (which i am probably going to do since i might do a map bugfix soon if I get permission from ponies (when the code is stable again after some problems last week), one of the items on my list of map bugs that i would like to see and probably can make dissapear is the two non functional airlocks (for as far as i can see those miss their control panel inside the airlock)

pointing it at the skipjack is a little hard because its directly north east of it, the best way to reach it would be through an airlock at the north after which you can jump off off the lattice floating near the solar ( http://imgur.com/ai3BDxh )

I am also looking for suggestions for this place I might add them (EDIT: too the idea version i wont add this too the game yet withouth permission) if they are possible and good.

It could use an extra scrubber or two on the same waste pipe but in different locations around the club.

A sign on the wall somewhere would be nice. Posters, etc.

You could also add an O2 sign by the conveyer belt with a big red crossout and circle over it so people know there's no O2 in here.

The plain metal walls there to the south make it a bit easy to weld into and cause problems with airgroups. You could replace them with reinforced plasma glass and grilles. That way it's just as easy to get in but people can see you do it, and people don't accidentally weld into the club.

It could use some planted trees of some kind.

That boring tile near the hologram could be something else like the glass lit tiles or something.

I'd say move the spare n2 storage to that empty space back behind the right side bar, and replace where the three space n2 cans are with a big couch or two.

Does the drink vending machine have spare glasses? If not you might need to add a box of glasses somewhere.

You have a lot of unused space to the right side leading up to the chapel mass driver. I'd suspect you'd be well enough shifting stuff over and expanding it, bigger dance floor, more sitting space, maybe even adding a small bathroom or something.

extra scrubbers added

i will have to sprite up a no oxygen sign

plasma windows and grilles added

trees dont seem vox like so im going to skip on those + trees in a room withouth oxygen or CO2 just seems weird

the boring tile can indeed be replaced but i dont want the light tile there since it would interfere with the vox hologram since they are both blue (I also dont really like the glas lit tiles)

N2 storage is there for a reason so the vox can also refill their N2 tanks with those

drinks machine does have spare glasses

ill see about making it bigger

You can hop over counters pretty easy, and Vox live on or in the fleet around giant arkships with groves of bioengineered Vox Apex, who are giant treelike bluespace-computational trees that also store the digital consciousnesses of all the vox, and birth bioengineered Armalis and Primalis larva.

"Trees don't seem Vox" What are you smoking? :V

Vox *grow* on trees.

who are giant treelike bluespace-computational trees that also store the digital consciousnesses of all the vox

Treelike bluespace computer trees are going to look alot more techy, what i mean is that im Nnot going to place one of the random potted plants placed around the station into this room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use