Sec SOP proposal: three kinds of warrants

Regular Joe

My first actual suggestion!

Reading the recent discussion on security and their relations to crew, and the dynamics of sec-antag gameplay, I decided to have a learning take on doing a feature proposal.

Idea:

• Have the Sec SOP include a procedure of perfoming arrests as its own tab. Presently how-to is under the respective jobs.
  • Have this new SOP tab explicate three kinds of warrants to be issued on crew:
    • Armed and dangerous. This person is known to pose a physical threat if apprehended. Arrest with incapaciating force allowed, aka stun cuff. No lethal force, unless needed accordingly to the Space Law. (Thought for known vamps while no KOS is given, armed thralls or cultists and such.)
    • Arrest warrant. This person is known to have violated the space law, or it is most probable they have done so. Arrest to be perfomed as present SOP states. (Known issue of stun cuffing on meeting would be then SOP-wise restricted to the personnel with "Armed and dangerous" warrant, or arrestees attempting to attack and flee.)
    • Search warrant. This person is to be searched or interrogated. (Have "search" interaction described better, present SOP knows it but does not state many guidelines for that.)
  • New Criminal state designations to code: *Armed and dangerous*, *Arrest*, Search.
    • These new warrants would have their own criminal status designations at sec records and respective icons at the Sec HUD.
      • Beepsky will arrest A&D as base level 6 threat, while regular arrest is as-is level 5. Execution status gives base 7 level (which that PR should fix, presently it appears not to be happening.)
      • Beepsky will read the Search status as base level 2 threat, not to be arrested, as of the person with Search is not a known criminal.
      • Extra: A Monitor -status for personnel known to be linked in criminal activity, while no evidence to sentence them are present, to ease watching over them.

Aim of this proposal, both the HUD feature and the SOP change, is to help security be better in their jobs. This ideal I've got of the recent threads (Medi's Sec suggestion thread, by foremost). The feature could serve as memory aid for the officers on which kind of treatment they should give of person tagged to the HUD (Arrest tag on a crewmember, records say search. Officer 1: Why is this person arrested, Officer 2: *mute stun cuff*, drags them to brig), and to easen referencing to the SOP on this matter (to make it more easy to learn (and remember) this kind of officer interaction).

On the code feature of having new designations to appear at HUD and records, see the PR, hereby: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/11909

Comments welcome! I didn't ask anybody beforehand, if this kind of feature and SOP change is preffered - so that "no thanks" is an appreciated reply aswell! Did this for learning code contribution as my another own motive, and it did serve it already.

I'll write an example of what the SOP could look like with this as soon as I got the time for it.

UPDATE 31.7.19 Got more busy with work than I expected to, I'll return to this and the PR soon.

Medi's Sec suggestion thread, out of which I got this idea:

Edited by Regular Joe
Status update on suggestion
  • Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use