Blueshield HudSunglasses

HereticChurch

Just a very minor suggestion for the Blueshields. I think they should get a custom pair of hudsunglasses, that instead of having a red tint, have a blue one, and can change from sechud to medhud with a verb. I think it would be neat for the Blueshield to get its own cool pair of glasses, and it would also still have flash protection when examining the health of those they are around. And they wouldn't need to steal a pair of hudsunglasses from security!

I'd be fine with them not having sechud, but I mostly use the sechud to quickly tell the heads of staff from the others with their golden icon during hectic times where I am too busy to identify the heads of staff effectively. Mostly I just want the flash resistance with the medhud, as I usually wear that the most. I switch to the sechud sunglasses during emergencies so I can quickly keep tabs on the heads of staff and use it to mark people who assault heads of staff if they run.

That, and blue tinted hudsunglasses would be awesome.

They may very well not be security by they still need the capacity to tag suspects so sec can detain them.

Yeah, in theory that would be nice

But its not going to happen

I can see about making flashproof med huds for blushield

They may very well not be security by they still need the capacity to tag suspects so sec can detain them.

Yeah, in theory that would be nice

But its not going to happen

AND the brig physician, pleeeeease?

I am not kidding, The Warden will put up mounted flashes and you will be absolutely screwed during busy shifts.

???

Isn't that kind of the point of a Blueshield, ignore the clown breaking into EVA, tag him for sec and just keep the heads safe?

Most of the blueshields I've seen inevitably end up being super cop, med sun glasses to lure them away from the sec HuDs can only be a good thing.

???

Isn't that kind of the point of a Blueshield, ignore the clown breaking into EVA, tag him for sec and just keep the heads safe?

Most of the blueshields I've seen inevitably end up being super cop, med sun glasses to lure them away from the sec HuDs can only be a good thing.

When I play, I hardly even use the Medical HUD anymore (because of the flashes that people love to use on me), and just stick to regular sunglasses. Sec HUD can be nice, but ultimately unnecessary. If you're doing Sec's job, you're not doing the Blueshield job. But with that being said...

Why not a blue colored Medglasses, rather than the Sec Red? Really the medical HUD on its own shouldn't be flash proof, given it's a fairly transparent HUD over one eye, not both. Sort of impractical to make it flashproof if it shouldn't realistically be so.

Also, because I was writing this, did the minor tweak to an idea of what I had in mind.

Why not a blue colored Medglasses, rather than the Sec Red? Really the medical HUD on its own shouldn't be flash proof, given it's a fairly transparent HUD over one eye, not both. Sort of impractical to make it flashproof if it shouldn't realistically be so.

Also, because I was writing this, did the minor tweak to an idea of what I had in mind.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say. But I can say that things can be flash 'proof' by just tinting the lens. Even if the glasses are blue, the tint on the inside could be darker then they're letting on, thus making them resistant to flashes. One thing I do hate though, is as a scientist we can make HUD glasses for both medical and security, but there's no way a security officer would use that HUD without the flash protection. Especially since they already get HUD sunglasses.

Back to the point, I believe that the blueshield should have no security powers at all. They're basically just a bodyguard for the heads. They're there to protect them from harm, not go around the station marking targets as people have already stated. If someone attacks a head, they can act, of course, but security should always be the person doing arrests and brigging.

I don't even think that the Blueshield would need HUD sunglasses of any type, since the ONLY reason they would need sunglasses is to walk around security freely, since they install auto-flashes. But once again, they're not supposed to be around that area really. If they're going up against someone with a flash however, they can always wear normal sunglasses.

I don't even think that the Blueshield would need HUD sunglasses of any type, since the ONLY reason they would need sunglasses is to walk around security freely, since they install auto-flashes. But once again, they're not supposed to be around that area really. If they're going up against someone with a flash however, they can always wear normal sunglasses.

What about revs? And your point about not going to be around flashes is ridiculous! Many circumstances could mean the Blueshield would need to be in security. Getting more equipment for one!

Blueshield needs sunglasses incase he needs to guard the HoS, or follow the Captain/CMO/HoP into the brig. Also he needs to be able to defend himself and his charges from revs (flashes are a favourite of revs). He does need a HUD but not a Sec HUD, he needs a medical HUD to protect the heads from viruses, and gauge their health since he doesn't have a health analyser.

The cap should get a pair of sechuds as well.

I disagree entirely, but this isn't the place, so I'll keep it short. Captain isn't security. Captain shouldn't act like security. Captain should sit in his office. If he is playing crime fighter, someone or something really fucked up.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use