Make Atmos equipment replaceable by making it orderable.

uc_guy

Right now some of the atmos equipment is irreplaceable. If it gets destroyed for any reason players are not able to reacquire it.

I suggest making the following orderable by cargo: Freezers, heaters, Pipe dispensers of both kinds and maybe super filled canisters with basic gases (in case the tanks get damaged).

The crates should require CE or Atmos access to open.

I agree with all of these, but I have some input.

The superfilled tanks should be really expensive in points, so if a breach in the rare occation does happen, it would be the only reason to get them.

I really don't want people ordering them to make super bombs or some shit

Like from cargo?

Interesting.

Or!

Atmospherics could get their own mini cargo dock/computer, only atmospheric things can be ordered.

But still circuits would be needed.

If it stays at cargo- 100-150 per canister would be good. Further more the crate should be ce/atmos locked. And if possible make it so the canister doesnt have an open port. This would force the atmos techs to HAVE to send the contents through the waste filtering system. Or a gass mixer or custom vent. Is better than some cargie busting the crate then dragging it somewhere and opening it.

Its the safest idea i can think atm, also having a pop up warning when ordering it etc.

Having the cans cost 200 or more points is a little much. If three chambers go thats 600(or 400) thatd be needed to refill them.

-NOTE THE FOLLOWING WAS FOUND AWHILE AGO, MY INFO MAY BE SLIGHTLY INCORRECT-

But! Atlas i may point out that in the source i came across a gas generator device(only oxygen im sure ponies can edit it to other gases) if worked on im sure atmospherics could REALLY enjoy it. It works as a pipe connection, so itd need to fed into waste or the chambers directly.

Oh god no not 100+ points, that annihilates cargos funding, the highest crate they can order is 60 and that sec level stuff. As for super bomb deal, they would still need tanks to store them in and tank valves, and cargo can't get those as far as I know

What about a "disaster" button for the CE/HoS/Captain, that gives Cargo like 100-200 points, but it is directed directly towards atmos and atmos only?

Perhaps locking the terminal to only be able to buy the crates for atmos for 2-3 minutes

What if only mixed air canisters were orderable? This way the price can be set to a moderate level. Say 40 points kind of like the PA crate.

Otherwise I like the idea of the machine in the xxxxyobdabs post. Make it burn plasma sheets to create the gas you want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use