Admin Complaint: Ty Omaha & TullyBBurnalot

gwei_lo_ren

Admin(s) Key: ? I honestly don't know.
Your ckey (Byond username): gwei_lo_ren
Your Discord name (if applicable): spesskauboimronolds#0138

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): see attached

Nature of complaint: Misconduct, misapplication of rules.
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I made two appeals, both denied by twisting rules and details to avoid admitting that an mistake has been made on the admin side. I was banned, for something which there is no rule for, and having pointed that out Ty Omaha and TullyBBurnalot instead of acknowledging that I stated yes, I will respect the rules laid or for me in the appeals on top of the fact that there was no rule explicitly prohibiting what I did they decided to punish ME for having the audacity of claiming that a mistake was made on their part.

Full description of events:

See attached.

• Salt 7

Stretching what rules? There are no rules on EORG. Period. What I did was not on a shuttle, so TullyBBTurnalot's argument is completely invalid. His response indicates either that he did not even bother to read the original appeal at all, or that he is intentionally stretching the rules. I was banned for breaking into SEC as an act of EORG, right BEFORE the shuttle docked - being the official marker of an end of round. Shuttle griefing and shuttle violence have nothing to do with it.

And I have stated, for the fucking third time now, I WILL respect the damn rules TYomaha stated for me in my first appeal. I accept the EORG rules, so why have I been declined?

Also: note, for those confused, the post this is in reply to an earlier reply by a user that was deleted.

Edited by gwei_lo_ren
  • stunbaton 1
  • Salt 4

8 hours ago, gwei_lo_ren said:

. I was banned, for something which there is no rule for, and having pointed that out Ty Omaha and TullyBBurnalot instead of acknowledging that I stated yes, I will respect the rules laid or for me in the appeals on top of the fact that there was no rule explicitly prohibiting what I did they decided to punish ME for having the audacity of claiming that a mistake was made on their part.

I was banned for breaking into SEC as an act of EORG, right BEFORE the shuttle docked - being the official marker of an end of round. Shuttle griefing and shuttle violence have nothing to do with it.

There are no rules on EORG. Period.

You claim you will accept the rules, but there is no rule on end of round grief.

If you actually read the rules, you would see that there is.

While the Escape Shuttle is in transit, Shuttle Grief is not allowed. Attacking people on the shuttle for any reason other than self-defense may lead to a Ban for Shuttle Griefing, with the exception of Antagonists completing their objectives. Violence is allowed once the shuttle has docked and end round statistics are displayed;

Perhaps have a good and proper read of ALL of the rules, before posting an appeal.

Edit:
Oh, I see now specifically where you get confused between "EORG" grief. 

The round doesn't end when the shuttle leaves. The clue is in the fact that the "round ended" doesn't appear, and only appears when the round ends. Hence the term "round end" and the big message saying "the round has ended". End Of Round Grief is not permitted before the round ends, either on the shuttle or the station, because the round has not ended. 

Did you read that clause before posting that? That SPECIFICALLY states SHUTTLE GRIEF, not EORG. And my ban was not over SHUTTLE GRIEF or end of the round violence. It was early EORG. I am actually baffled. Do not give me this sass about reading all the rules before I submit an appeal because I have read that already. You can not honestly argue that THIS clause in "Rule 7: no self antagging" resembles anything close to Ty Omaha's valid EORG criteon.

End of Round Grief isn't allowed until the round is over. The round is over when the shuttle docks at Central Command or the Syndicate outpost and the score screen appears and OOC is enabled. The round is still ongoing when the shuttle is in transit

edit: Okay, apologies for the agitation in my post now in retrospect to nec's edit. Honestly, I apologise. But you must see how frustrating this has been for me.

Okay edit again: The confusion here MAY be that I am arguing that I was banned for 'invalid EORG' that is- before the shuttle docked and thus violating TY's criteon, which delineate valid EORG. I then made my second appeal because TY's denial was just unfair - there is no rule or clause in a rule matching what he's describing. Then Tully came and honestly I don't know what the fuck he was doing but it just made it worse. Either confusion derived of lazy reading or blatant dishonesty because, if he had read what I was trying to say and the first appeal, he would see that the rule 7 clause does not apply to the initial situation (involving no shuttle griefing and mainly concerned with 'invalid' EORG - not violence).

Edited by gwei_lo_ren
  • Salt 3

Not making this an edit for visibility sake. Why did this get moved to resolved. It's not resolved. What about my ban? And the appeals? In light of nec's edit it does not appear a verdict has been made.

• Salt 4

To clarify, "EORG", before the round ends, is considered self antagging, because it is.

The rules do not state that the self antagging rule disappears when the shuttle is in transit or the round is near end.

I hope this further clears up any confusion.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use