My stupid rant thing.

Benjaminfallout

Admin(s) Key: RB303
Your ckey (Byond username): Benjaminfallout
Your Discord name (if applicable): Pretzel Cart

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): About 5:30PM mountain time (MT)

Nature of complaint: Clarification required/Other

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I cleaned medical with a mop making the floors wet. Unlike every doctor that round a single vulp refused to click the walk button and I got bwoinked for it.

Full description of events:  Okay so I'll start out by saying this is not a complaint. It's more of a me wanting to vent.

I'll start out by posting the logs.

1.PNG.b5c4728672badd86668ca10aebf77582.PNG

2.PNG.c9ac306118462623200fc5f85cf53841.PNG

3.PNG.f8e278be8b97390ef0f1e43db78cdb3c.PNG

I joined about 30 minutes into the round as assistant and walk around the halls since I have nothing to do. Seeing the station was filled with trash and blood like it normally is I head to RnD and ask for a trash bag and a mop. I start cleaning up the station. All of it. Over and over. I don't have signs or the holo signs since the person running RnD didn't give me one. I end up in medical from following a long line of blood to it. At the time medical was quite empty. I just clean the floors and help nerds up when they slip. The thing is, one super upset vulp shows up and starts to yell and scream at me since he slipped. Falling and getting up just to fall again refusing to walk. You know... the thing that can be fixed by pressing a single, labeled button that takes less than a second to do. I mean some doctors fell to but unlike the vulp they walked after I helped them up. A janitor borg shows up so I head out to further clean the halls. Again. Since the halls had even more blood now. Somehow. Now while I was in medical, cleaning the blood from the floors, it had three people needing worked on. Two dead idiots who died playing Russian roulette and the upset vulp who has internal bleeding. (on a side note He was walking back into the went sleeper area after a doctor placed and buckled him in a chair near the ORs. it just reminds me of the plasmaman who took out his plasma tank when getting into a fight just to get people in trouble.) I did see both operating offices have some minor stuff going on which does not matter when it comes to this since I was not cleaning the Rooms and they never left them. The part where I first went like "is this for fucking real?" is when they said it "treads close to the line of self-antagging..." That and the fact I was told I'd be better for me to use soap or the space cleaner bottles when I joined again, 30 minutes in. All the soap is gone. People who don't clean or RP took all of them to slip people. That and just asking for a spray bottle wont get you one. Everyone is going to keep them for themselves since they may make a mess. That and the "you may be an antag so I'm not doing anything for you" BS that comes with stuff like that and drugs and the HoP line and asking to help as an assistant. On a side note since this is more of a rant why do I get dirty looks and sec on my ass for asking to help someone/a department as an assistant? Overall I just don't think cleaning and a single person refusing to WALK should earn me a permanent note about "Treading the line of self-antagging" For cleaning up the station. That or it was just a chat that was not needed if it didn't get on my notes. I mean in real life if your workspace was filled with blood and trash and someone came in and cleaned ALL of it would you be like "Fuck YOOOOU I can't STOP RUNNING AND SLIPPING" or "man I'm happy the floors and wall aren't drenched in blood and candy wrappers. I'm sure in the end I somehow did a bad but it just doesn't feel like it. It feels like my time was being wasted. Funnily enough the headmin dealing with me here will probably feel the same thing. In a "this guy again?" and not a "we don't care" way.

I'm going to leave this on a good note(s).

Fucking Shockpoint, Terry awwooson, and normally. ALL and I mean ALL great admins. Shock and Terry are a fucking hoot to chat with and I've not been upset with them once. Normally all on that but I've not talked to him as much. He is the one that wanted me to become a mentor and all that nerd stuff.

Necaladun has put up with my shit/bitching so many times that they must think I'm a neck-bearded man-child who is good for nothing but complaining.

Moi (I don't know his Ckey) Is one of the smartest players I have EVER seen and I'm thankful they put up with my Sub-par RP everytime we chat. That and seeing people misquote Space Law and SoP when arguing with her or just calling her names/tells her to fuck off. I can't win the argument since I'm wrong so I'm going to say the bad words and call you names. I'd also like to vote yes on his mentor application even if I don't get a say. Going to be hard to find someone with his know-how when it comes to Space Law and SoP.

Ansari#9230 the maintainer guy on discord used a large sum of his one and only life to help we with my fluff item and making it spawn on me correctly. Sadly I can't be mean to Shockpoint to have him spawn it for me.

That's about it.

• Like 5
  • Salt 5

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

I apologize for the late reply.

The main issue you are venting about seems to be centered around the fact that you, after having lost access to most of the Janitor's non-water equipment, were reprimanded for wetting floors in higher traffic areas during a state of emergency, which you also contest by saying that there was no real emergency, at least in Medbay.

While the context behind you using only water methods is unfortunate, it was not mentioned by you in the PM conversation you showed in the Complaint, meaning Rb303 was not informed that you ran into trouble getting soap or space cleaner. Do keep in mind that Admins are not aware of everything that happens on the server at any given time, and that every player is not stalked throughout a round, meaning that it is entirely possible, and likely, that Rb303 had no idea about your situation.

Beyond that, however, Rb303 noted that wetting floors during high-alert or dangerous situations is toeing the line near self-antagging, which is completely true on its own -- disrupting the movement of players while in distress can cause tremendous damage if a right slip at the right time happens. This is the general statement Rb303 tried to convey, as far as I can tell from the conversation.

You seem to take issue with the state of alert the station had at the time in the context of the conversation. This has two different takes, as Rb claims that people were coming in with spider-related injuries, and you claim that Medbay only had russian roulette related deaths and one injured Vulp.

When you explained your POV of the state of emergency, Rb did not argue or contradict you, he simply acknowledged your point and re-iterated his point -- the same general statement regarding using wet floors that I have verified just now.

There is no misconduct on behalf of Rb in this case, he witnessed a Janitor using wet floors during a perceived state of crisis and PMed them to give them a better understanding of when and how to use wet floors in the context of emergencies, with which you agreed.

Of course, as mentioned earlier, the context of you losing all non-wet items is unfortunate, but if worst comes to worst and there is a heavy emergency on the station (Nukies, grown terror spider outbreak, blob, etc) then you as an IC person who probably values their lives over the spotlessness of the floor should be prioritizing other things rather than cleaning the floor and consequently disrupting movement in that emergency.

Due to this, I consider this venting resolved.

If you have any issues with the resolution of this venting session, feel free to reply to this thread or contact me over Discord.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use