Xantholne

Admin(s) Key: dadman234
Your ckey Xantholne
Your Discord name Xantholne

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 11/7/2018 12:27 am -7 GMT

Nature of complaint:
Excessive Punishment.

Brief description 

Bombed robotics to assassinate target that would not leave robotics for the entire round duration until after the bombing.

Full description of events:

For starters, this is the entire conversation with images of the areas it hit. https://imgur.com/a/SYGIJaD

Now, I didn't know for certain just how big of an explosion it would have been. Earlier, about 10 minutes prior to me even doing anything, the CMO had called out on comms about "RND printing dangerous stuff" and for crew to "watch out" from it. This put me on edge because I had just printed a few weapons to emag to use for my objectives among other things. As such I fled into maintenance and made a AI Upload/ Telescience pad with a potassium water bomb assembly. For about 5 minutes I kept tracking my target, Madison; one of the two roboticists, who for the entire 1 hour 20 minutes into the round had only left robotics about 3 times.

The entire round since then has had nothing going on what so ever. Green alert for the entire round up until me using an explosive. The only other threat the station had was a geneticist with hulk security was trying to taser for, having hulk. I didn't expect the bomb itself to be excessively damaging, but with the location of where robotics is, and how my assassinate target would not ever leave it, I was forced to used an explosive to take them out.

As dadman started, sure I could have done other means to get them, all of which would have ousted me immediately and left little mystery for the bomber whom they immediately blamed a guy that had been making bombs in science chemistry over me. Any other method of just emagging in and gunning them down is little fun for no one, and gives no one anything to do than scream over comms as they're killed very instantly. There's no fun in an assassination like that for anyone. As dadman said, I could limit myself and do things like other traitors, but there didn't seem to be a point in limiting myself to not use tools at my disposal.

The damage itself in robotics is very exagerrated as the pictures show. The initial destruction was in robotics itself by the fabricators, that took out my target and accidentally killed the other roboticist in the crossfire. The major bomb damage hit the surrodning area destroy tiles and apcs, but the only spaced areas where in robotics. The rest of it, the flash took out a few tiles by ripping them up but nothing more. 

I do not find this justifiable in any sense for both an antag ban and science ban. My target madison would not leave robotics at all, purely wanting to sit there and make mechs in public view. My record for the last 2 years has been very clean up until now where it was seen as bombing my target that would not leave a stationary workplace in public view was too much.I probably should have ahelped to make sure it was alert but figured it'd be understandable enough because it was solely targeting my assassination only, which if asked I could explain how they would not leave their isolated area.

Yeah, I still stand by what I said in the screenshots provided.

I actually found out later that Diego Flores was your target's coworker, and that the two of them absolutely did not get along at all that shift, and funnily enough as you claim he only left 3 or 4 times, he was actually leaving as you bombed robotics (which you conveniently left out was a maxcap and called a water potassium bomb instead). Unfortunately for him, he was still killed in the blast, though not gibbed. The screenshots you provided also make it seem like you didn't heavily damage the escape primary hallway, which you did, and badly, and ended up injuring another civilian as well. Having a clean record for two years isn't impressive when you've hardly played here for two years, and our rulings on bombing have been in place since before I was even a player, and have remained unchanging.

You should have known better, that's the last I'll add to this subject.

Edited by Da Dman234
  • angryeyes 1

I didn't leave out it was a max cap, i dind't even know it was a max cap. It literally was just a potassium water grenade casing with a remote signaler and igniter attached to it. The explosion log should even say it as well.

I couldn't have known that the other roboticist was in there or was about to leave, or even that there was a civillian passing by in the hallway. Roboics is a public area but one that isn't passed by much unless you're in science or going to science maintenance.

The damage itself to Science and the surronding area is extremely exagerrated, robotics itself was repaired in about five minutes, and machines rebuilt by fifteen minutes afterwards.

The mistake I made was that I forgot to ahelp about it first, which we all make mistakes. Can you genuinely say you've never made one before? Because I haven't made one in a while, but after 2 years it's easy to slip up once, but one slip up is harsh for a permanent antag and science ban at the same time.

Meanwhile the following round of this one, the paramedic diona without ahelping to my knowledge when I asked afterwards, maxcapped the vault solely to get the documents and destroyed the arrivals hallway, half of arrivals maintenance, and part of the security hallway but it wasn't looked into. This picture even is only half of the damage, and it's only after we fixed almost everything but piping and wiring.

dreamseeker_2018-11-07_05-03-59.png

I see no wrongdoing on DaDman's part here. An antag and sci ban is quite appropriate. If you wish to appeal the ban, there is a board for that. Maxcapping a single assassination target, especially in such a public area, isn't allowed. 

I do have a few issues here though:

On 11/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, Xantholne said:

I was forced to used an explosive to take them out.

No, you weren't. No one was forcing you to do anything, and you had multiple other options - whether emagging in, pretending you want to get borged to get in, using a small explosive in genetics maint, subverting the AI...these are just off the top of my head. I don't buy at once you were "forced" to use explosives.

As dadman said, I could limit myself and do things like other traitors, but there didn't seem to be a point in limiting myself to not use tools at my disposal.

The reason would be "the rules". We don't want people maxcapping single targets. The other point to limiting yourself would be "other people's enjoyment". This is something you really should be able to understand.

My record for the last 2 years has been very clean up until now

Very clean is "no notes". Your record is not very clean. 

As there's no wrongdoing here, and nothing excessive about the punishment, this requires no action. Moving to resolved. You're free to appeal it, although I'd avoid saying you were "forced" to use explosives.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use