Holobarrier projector feature upgrade

ScientistMan

One thing I've noticed that is greatly missing from the fancy holobarriers is the ability to walk through your own department's barriers, and the ability to allow others through the barriers without completely removing the barrier, then standing there for a few seconds to replace it.

So one thing I think would be good to add to the projector is a feature like the RCD has, where you can use the projector in hand to toggle between removing barriers, and changing the barrier between hardlight and passable. Also allow the projector itself to work as a sort of key, so that anyone possessing a projector on them can freely walk through the barriers, rather then the old ID system, which could then open the ability for antags to steal a projector and mess with crime scenes/get into breached areas under repair without stealing an ID for it.

Other thing that popped in my head as I was writing this, is that medical needs a quarantine barrier projector, so they can contain infected that might be outside medical, and prevent said infected from being stupid and spreading it to everyone, while still retaining full access to the infected themselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use