NEW CONTEST: Cargo Train Directional Sprites

ZomgPonies

As some of you may have noticed, we recently implemented code to allow cargo trains. They currently use mulebot sprites, and can hold lockers, crates, even passengers if properly configured. What we need is directional sprites so that up/down looks good. HOWEVER these sprites need to also look good with their cargo on them. The first part of this contest will deal with the base cargo train engine and trolley directional sprites. Engine directional needs to be animated just like mulebot1.

https://github.com/ZomgPonies/Paradise/ ... aibots.dmi

Trolley: mulebot0

Engine: mulebot1

Reward: 10KP for the basic directional if using mulebot sprite as base. Up to 20KP -per vehicle- if totally custom design of engine and basic trolley.

The SECOND part of this contest is where it starts to get fun. We'll be looking at using those base sprites as a base to make specialized trolleys for fire engines, paddywagons for security, etc etc. At that point submit whatever you can think of, and we'll see about adding relevant gameplay to it.

Reward: 10KP per custom vehicle created (meaning a red trolley with a water cannon on top, or a blue sec paddywagon with an overlay of jailbars that goes over the prisoners, etc. Simple recolors will get 5KP if selected.

That's why the base trolley north/south section (and the engine too I imagine) HAS to be designed in such a way that lockers, players and crates look good on them.

Technically the specialized ones yes in terms of height, but they need to pretty much fit on one tile or they'll be on top of each other when you link carriages together.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. So it took me this long to think of something that might be useable as a train system. Since it's BYOND, it's hard to actually sprite icons that sync together through turns and such. SO I came up with a more futuristic idea. Energy linked hover pads.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t0soirs9b5c0 ... 20cart.dmi

I can add wheels if it's really an issue, but you said the future is run by a train, why not have it be a stable hover train? This also removes the injury from running people over, making it safer over all.

Also this is a concept of how people would stand on the driver cart.

concept.gif.be3b53b80e41e726f18354a376af1016.gif

concept.gif.be3b53b80e41e726f18354a376af1016.gif

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use