Crew Record - Dr. Nyla Morgan

Name: Dr. Nyla Lutece Morgan

Race: Human

Blood Type: O-

General Occupational Role(s): 
Signing up: HOS, Surgeon, Brig Physician, Blueshield.
Filling in: Warden, CMO, Chemist. 

Biography:

[Clearance: Command]
" 'S it recordin' already?"
"Shut it, Nyla."
"Man, yer as mean as evah. I'vn't seen ya in what, 8 years?"
"Nyla, no. This is serious time. Do you want to get hired or not?"
"Sheeeesh. Fine. I reckon I've t' speak all 'oity toity as well?"
"It'd be favourable to not speak like a dimwit belter."
"Can't believe you're speaking of our proud heritage that way, Kyra. If mom knew, she'd-"
"Mom's dead, I don't care."
"Kyra!?"
"Now shut up.... NanoTrasen Representative Kyra Mary here, interviewing-"
"Dr. Nyla Mo-"
"Would you PLEASE just shut up already?"
"They already KNOW all that stuff, don't they? You did your homework, didn't you?"
"Nyla, I SWEAR to god."
"Just.. Let me do my thing. Keep recording. Ask me questions. Kay?"
"Fine, whatever...."
"Dr. Nyla Morgan speaking. I've been told Nanotrasen offers a better paycheck than BC. You saw my records, I assume. I am hands down THE best surgeon you'll get. Bring me a vox in a shoebox and I'll have them back skulking in maintenance shafts in no time."
"That's racist."
"It's not."
"Yes it is... Anyway.. You were born on the Campbell. Tell them."
"Riiiight, Rockbottom."
"Nyla!"
"FINE. NanoTrasen Miningbase Campbell, a3, wasn't it? What a dump. Nothing amazing ever happened there."
"Not while YOU were there."
"Man, I've SO gotta show you that xeno plushy I won at the arcade."
"Do not."
"Man, you're NO fun.. So.. Grew up on the Campbell. Rockbottom as we kids called it. While Kyra here played with Gibtontie and Goliaths-"
"Not funny."
"Zip it, scarface... I've spent most my time working the kitchen, cargo office and helping out in the medbay... When it was powered by what they called an engine... Really, we used our penlights more often than not. So... I got off that rock first chance I got. Went to Luna and studied medicine. Was quite good at it. I was fast. I didn't make any mistakes, my cuts were precise as hell. My mentor, a grey, actually said he was proud of me. Star pupil and all."
"Did he say that?"
"(Was gonna use wingdings here, but the Forum doesn't allow it. Damn.) Were his exact words, but.. I guess it speaks for itself."
"..... You speak grey?"
"Oh, fluently. Half my colleagues and my mentor were grey. LAoM was a pain in the ass for the first few months, I didn't understand SQUAT. "
"... Yeah... So.. About your non-grey colleagues."
"Is this about the syndicate?" 
"They'll want to know about the incident regarding the organ trafficking."
"Oh, you mean with Izzy? Fuck that cu-" *click* "She's a bad influence... Glad we're not together anymore. Y'see, she's came to me on Luna one day, right? Said she'd have a client that'd pay BIG money for an intact Vox lung. HUNDREDS of thousands of credits. So we snuck into the morgue, right? Disabled the cameras, dragged a suiting corpse through medical and into the OR. First we were only two people, Izzy 'n me. She held the light and the cooler box. Body's still been fresh, so we were all good, didn't need any Mitocholide. We needed someone with chemistry access for the later jobs."
"Astonishing."
"I know, right? We've tought of everything. I've never seen the money, though.."
"No. The fact you openly talk about robbing donated bodies of their organs. How come you didn't lose your license?"
"THAT's some story. You see, all I did was helping people. Was it unethical? Absolutely. Was it the right thing to do? Yeah. You see, when we get bodies donated on luna, they're only good for a few practical lessons. You can only remove so many organs until there's none left for teaching, you get me?"
"... Yes..?"
"So I took a body that was viable for a VERY RARE transplant... And prevented his lungs from being wasted on Scrubs learning how to make an incision without making their patient bleed out."
"And do you have ANY contact to the other people that were doing this?"
"Nah, I totally cut all ties once they tried getting a living donator... Actually completely destroyed the IPC we've been working with. I was pardoned by SolGov.."
"Did this, in any way, have a bad impact on your work as, at the time, a security recruit?"
"Oh, no, that was before my 1g acclimatisation. You see, I was on Luna when this happened. I didn't start security training until after my body had been completely accustomed to the gravity of larger terrestial bodies. By the way, they've just promoted me to Warden last week. Shoulda seen their faces when I told them I'd quit to get with NT."
"YOU WHAT??"
"What? You're a bigwig, I'm your li'l sis. I'm practically hired already."
"NO YOU'RE NOT?"
".... Well shit."

Qualifications: 

Graduated top of her class at the Lunar Academy of Medicine, making her an actual doctor.
Took Security training, graduated the blueshield training program, earned a pilot license.

Employment Records:
2 years as a miner and Paramedic on the NMB Campbell (age 16 to 18)
6 years of studying medicine at the Lunar Academy of Medicine, and working at various Bishop Cybernetics facilities (age 18 to 24)
4 years working medical and security aboard the NSS Cyberiad, after being hired off of Bishop Cybernetics. (age 24 to 28 (now))

(actual records exist ingame)

Security Records:

Known to have been involved in bar fights and other such dilinquent activities.
Not afraid to "crack some skulls" in self defense, according to herself, an IAA and the aggressor, after he woke up from his coma.
Surprisingly open about her former relationship with a known syndicate Agent, Izzy Lee, whom she stole and sold organs with.
Has a tendency to "introduce people to the floor" according to, once again, herself and several captains who started foaming at their mouths upon hearing the name Nyla Morgan.

Medical Records:

She suffers from giantism due to spending most of her life in environments far below 1g.
Born lefthanded, Nyla got her right arm amputated and replaced with a robotic limb, stating that it was "underdevelopped and underperforming" thus making herself ambidextruous.
Broke off her upper left canine in a bet to open 50 bottles of badmin brew in under 60 seconds with no tools. (Don't believe her when she says it was a barfight.) (It was a barfight, stop messing with my public records.) (no it wasn't.)

Personnel Photo (Appearance text):

Nyla stands a hair shy of the 235cm mark, measuring in at 234cm (7'8). Her crimson hair is tied back in a grande braid and covered by a Head of Security flatcap. Her green eyes staring right at the camera, the woman looks like she has a hard time keeping a cold and emotionless expression for the sake of her photo. Several freckles dot her cheekbones.
Her Trenchcoat remains open, giving view to her holobadge cord hanging from her neck, imprinted as "Dr. Morgan, HOS", resting over her corporate security unform, its collar pulled up high on her neck, as if to hide a tattoo.

Commendations [only to be added by admin]:

Reprimands [only to be added by admin]:

Other Notes:

Ny's Playlist "Get Hyped For Work Mix, 1980's Earth Pop."

Track 01. Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
Track 02. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
Track 03. ABBA - Dancing Queen
Track 04. Chris Norman And Suzi Quatro - Stumbling In
Track 05. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Track 06. Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Track 07. A-ha - Take On Me 
Track 08. George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
Track 09. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) 
Track 10. Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
Track 11. David Bowie - Starman
Track 12. Tony Christie - Is This The Way To Amarillo
Track 13. Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
Track 14. The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
Track 15. Boney M. - Daddy Cool
Track 16. Men At Work - Down Under
Track 17. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
Track 18. Hall & Oates - Out Of Touch
Track 19. Rick Astley - Nevver Gonna Give You Up
Track 20. Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

Decided to go for a somewhat informal way, considering how formal I've been treating my ingame records.
Wanted to tell a bit of a story about Nyla with this. So she's been trailing off a bit in her interview.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use