Admin Complaint - Kyet

Sampaiii

Admin Key: Kyet/Tzo

Your Discord name (if applicable): samool#5599

Complaint:

For context, I rolled traitor mechanic one round, and decided to go check out the syndie asteroid due to Kyet AOOCing to tell the antags about the guest pass system that's usable in the depot. Prior to leaving, a non-agent engineer (E.R.R.O.R. 404, played by Hibiscius) asked for me to help them with solars, so I invite them into my pod to go do that, then they head to space with me.

We eventually take one of the old teleporters in space to reach the asteroid, I get a guest pass after we run into the other people there, and we start to wander the place.

Of course, the NPCs are still aggro on ERROR for being a non antag with no guest pass, so she gets attacked and dies, and I gather her pieces to put her back together, deciding I'll just repair and toss her back into the portal to leave so she doesn't die again.

Before I'm able to do any sort of repairs, however, the self-destruct mechanism suddenly goes off and gibs us both before I can manage to escape.

Right after this, Kyet messages me, saying the place exploded specifically because I tried to repair a non-antag in the place, because the syndicate doesn't like that. Sadly I don't have the logs because I closed out before thinking to save them.

What I don't understand is why it's okay to completely remove someone from the remainder of the round just because they attempted to fix a non-antag while having a pass to the depot. We weren't making an attempt to cheese it, we weren't looting the place, we were only looking around, and it makes little sense for the syndicate to have demolished an entire outpost just to kill some agent who tried to repair a non-agent. I just feel like there is a better way to handle a situation like that, that doesn't involve removing players from the round permanently.

If memory serves:

• You were a traitor, exploring the depot in peaceful mode, with a visitor pass.
  • The guy with you was NOT a traitor. Non-traitors cannot get passes, so, he did not have one.
  • Any alert level rise in the depot while it is on peaceful mode causes the depot to self destruct, because it assumes that the legit visitors are helping the NT crew raid the depot. It has to assume this, otherwise 'friendly' agents could help normal crew rob the depot with impunity.
  • The guy with you, who did NOT have a pass, got into a fight with a syndie officer in the depot. After a period of time, the depot NPC realized he could not kill the guy, so, he radioed in for backup, at which point the depot AI decided the two of you were working together to raid the depot, and triggered the self-destruct. Yeah, you were repairing the guy on a table at the time, but that isn't what triggered the alert rise, and the self-destruct. The fact that the syndie depot officer NPC had seen someone without a visitor pass - THAT is what triggered it.
  • After the depot blew up, I PMed you to explain what happened.

[2018-06-20T04:15:50] ADMIN: PM: Kyet/(Colin Black)->Sampaiii/(S.A.M.): because you were helping someone who was loyal to NT infiltrate the depot

[2018-06-20T04:16:05] ADMIN: PM: Kyet/(Colin Black)->Sampaiii/(S.A.M.): the syndicate hate it when their agents betray them and assist NT forces in staying alive in the depot

In retrospect, I probably should have said "The depot AI is coded such that if ANY intruder does ANYTHING to raise the alert level while you're visiting peacefully, including merely being SEEN by an officer, then it guarantees the depot will blow up, sooner or later". That would have been clearer.

In more recent versions of the depot code, you get the following message when you identify yourself as an agent, and start a peaceful visit to the depot:

Welcome, Agent.
        You are now signed-in as a depot visitor.
        Any other agents with you MUST sign in themselves.
        You may explore all rooms here, except for bolted ones.
        Your agent ID will give you access to most doors and computers.
        Standard Syndicate regulations apply to your visit.
        This means if ANY of you attack facility staff, break into anything, sabotage the facility, or bring non-agents here, then ALL of you will be summarily executed.
        Enjoy your stay.

Note that "bringing non-agents here" is gonna get you executed under syndicate regulations.

Edited by tzo

As stated by Tzo/Kyet here, what happened was not because of admin interaction, it was something in code which triggered the outpost to destroy itself.

Complaint without merit, moving to resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use