Revenant Damage to IPCs

Breenland

Today I had an unpleasant encounter with a Revenant in a way I didn't know possible! While teaching another person Chemistry, we were attacked by the vengeful ghost in the Medbay. I felt safe, as we had destroyed the lights and thus a good way for them to kill crew members, but instead they had used Malfunction. This instantly killed both myself and the other person, who were both IPCs. Before anyone could assist us the Revenant was able to Harvest their soul, but scared off before I could be eaten.

My suggestion for this is to adjust how Malfunction works. At the moment it appears to be a 9x9 tile EMP, which stuns cyborgs and has and cause issues with electronics (similar to an emag). The change I've got in mind is to adjust the strength of the EMP if possible, to prevent an instantaneous death for IPC characters. Heavy burn damage, or a significant stun, would be preferable to an unavoidable, unreactable death for the IPC player. Otherwise, I feel the range is fine as it is.

I generally disagree with reducing the lethality EMPs have to IPCs, but a side-antag like revenant being able to kill a player dead from a cloaked state is pretty unreasonable. I can agree with this sentiment.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use