NT Rep's office

Streaky Haddock

Minor changes, I imagine but it makes a lot of difference. Give the NT Rep a requests console, a photocopier, a second filing cabinet, a selection of folders, a universal recorder (maybe a camera too) and fix the NT Rep's stamp (I know this requires someone with photoshop skills but that stamp is useful man ;_;)

I hate pilfering everything from the Law Office.

They also need to take the fax machine out of the captains office, because now the rep has no reason to exist.

I can understand this sentiment, but I don't necessarily agree. The NanoTrasen Rep looks out for corporate interests, whereas the captain may be loyal, but he might not always be doing what the board wishes. A fax machine in the captain's office allows him to communicate with NanoTrasen on his goings on, but yet still the Rep will more than likely report completely different matters, or at least in a different light, not to mention that there are times when Central Command gives the Rep special obligations to act on.

Not only that, but if the captain wanted, he can just go into the rep's or IAA's office and send correspondence if there wasn't one in his own. If anything it's a convenience thing.

They also need to take the fax machine out of the captains office, because now the rep has no reason to exist.

I can understand this sentiment, but I don't necessarily agree. The NanoTrasen Rep looks out for corporate interests, whereas the captain may be loyal, but he might not always be doing what the board wishes. A fax machine in the captain's office allows him to communicate with NanoTrasen on his goings on, but yet still the Rep will more than likely report completely different matters, or at least in a different light, not to mention that there are times when Central Command gives the Rep special obligations to act on.

Not only that, but if the captain wanted, he can just go into the rep's or IAA's office and send correspondence if there wasn't one in his own. If anything it's a convenience thing.

Never, not once, have I ever, seen a captain or other head listen to the rep.

Never, not once, have I ever, seen a captain or other head listen to the rep.

There have been three cases so far that I've been involved with where central command has fired/arrested the captain because of the NT Rep's reports. We even sent ERT in to take down a particularly problematic captain once.

Just remember that admins roleplaying centcomm are ALWAYS unaware of anything going on aboard the station, unless we receive a bluespace fax. While yes the captain can do this too, the captain has the access level to do any job on the station what they lack is the time. As such the NT rep is responsible for keeping centcomm in the loop.

Well,you can report everything,if you want to look like an expert,but a well-written report with all the essential things happened during the round inside is a good way to report too...just slower but more RPistic.

I use both ways because depends from the situation,if you're in a hurry,choose the first option.

If in doubt,read this!(Yea,showing off my work)

http://80.244.78.90/wiki/index.php/Nano ... esentative

Badkiller is a -fantastic- NT rep. Listen to him :)

The Fax was added to the Cap's office because of mutiny mode btw - they need it to get directive X. They already had a comms console to contact them, so it's semi-redundant.

I'll take on board some of the items to be added and hopefully get around to it.

When it comes to an admin perspective, faxes usually come into the following kinds:

Updates on status:

Just a general "xyz is going on" - Nice to have, but not real impact

Reports on abuse/incompetency - Especially when it comes to HoS/Captain, the NT rep can contact Centcomm about them. A command report stating the captain is relieved of duty can have amazing effects.

Requests for orders - Some NT reps do this and I love it. Badkiller often asks us if there is anything he wishes us to have the station focus on - My usual replies are to assist with research, security, paperwork/auditing, or something special. The something special can sometimes be a hint to the round type (especially blob), or lead to an event.

Requests for additional help - Asking for gamma used to happen a LOT, but doesn't anymore, thank god. However, ERT and Red Alert can be sent by CC without 2 heads to swipe. Give a good enough reason and it can be done. A shuttle being sent with Hardsuits, Minerals, Beer or Kittens can also be arranged.

"MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY STATION OVERRUN SEND HELP SEND HELP!"

CENTCOM reply:"dis a joke?"

FML

Small admin request, could you please send supply shuttles on xeno rounds even without getting asked? Makes cargo even more useful and gives the crew more of a chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use