Cargo kick scooters

Midaychi

With the advent of numerous ninja map changes, one such has been getting a bit of grief from the less hardcore cargo techs;

That the cargo area has become far too large!

A possible remedy comes to my mind: the Cargo kick scooter.

Example image stolen from internet:

http://tofugalaxy.com/wp-content/upload ... lcaddy.jpg

A device that cargo would start with, one or two, and can load a crate onto it (and lock it into place with a tool-hackable ID lock), and also pull crates behind you like a paramedic vehicle with rollerbeds (not lockable, for obvious reasons, also with modifications, you might even be able to load more than a crate!)

It would be slower than a paramedic vehicle, but faster than walking by foot. Due to its design, there might also be ramifications and workplace accidents involved in mis-using it. Slight risk would come along when both hands are not free (you can crash into things w/ both hands not free) and/or using a fire extinguisher for propulsion. (read: Using it awesomely*)

You could order more from supply, or build one by hand with the right array of parts.

This would give cargo techs a faster and more awesome way of performing their job, and would even give them the opportunity to play as man-powered mulebots.

* Note: NanoTrasen is not responsible for misuse or misconduct involved with this device in the workspace, including but not limited to: Improper handlebar use, improper propulsion systems, ramming, razor bladed wheels, loading unauthorized cargo, non-cargotech use, Quartermaster joy rides, loading a cargo kick scooter on a mulebot, use in a vacuum, and/or death.

Wouldn't the appropriate forklift be a Ripley? You already pull crates faster manually than a Ripley does.

The Ripley could have controls for MULEs, conveyor belts, airlocks and sending shuttle away... but still I think it would mainly remain unused.

The difference is, ripley can carry 3+ crates at one time, making it slightly faster, and more secure to carry crates. However it's overall inefficient, since it's so slow and needs to be recharged.

A slightly faster, less tanky ripley might be better. A ripley that could only have 1 attachment (the arm) to lift and carry boxes.

The ripley could also have more storage space for boxes, making it's hull larger.

I suggest carts be nerfed and fixed before adding this then :P

But I do support this idea.. I kinda like the new cargo area. Carts would be an interesting addition for em.

Can belts be coded any faster I wonder? Just thought of it. Or hacked faster? :P

Well the way I described it, they'd be slower than standard cards and would have a chance of swerving and causing you to smack into stuff if you used them without both hands free. I was kind of hoping that'd be pretty balanced!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use