Guide to Anomaly Fighting

tigercat2000

Because I just saw that some people don't know how you fight anomalies, Here is a simple guide:

Required Tools:

• 1x Analyzer.MPufoFw.png

1x Remote Signaller.HHZaeCQ.png

Recommended Tools:

• 1x Hardsuit & 1x Hardsuit Helmet

1x Oxygen Tank & 1x breath/gas mask.

Safety Guidelines:

• Never approach a vortex anomaly without an extremely brute-resistant set of armor. Vortex Anomalies create shrapnel, which can include metal rods, and much more dangerously, Glass Shards.

NEVER EVER approach an atmospheric anomaly. You can't stop it, being near it will only kill you.

Always use a hardsuit when attempting to approach a bluespace anomaly. It can send you to space quite easily.

Steps to neutralizing the anomaly:

•  

Step 1: Approach the anomaly with scanner and signaller in hand.

Step 2: Click on the anomaly with the scanner. It will display a message formatted roughly like "This anomaly appears to be fluctuating around Random Frequency:Random Code 149.7:32."

Step 3: Run away to a safe distance. You now need to click on the signaller in your hand. You will notice two fields and a send button. One field is called the frequency, the other is the code. Refering back to the readout from the analyzer 149.7:32, you set the two fields to match this. For instance, 146.5:35 means that you set the frequency to 146.5, and the code to 35. When it is set correctly, hit send.

Step 4: Run back to where the anomaly was. There should be a bit of smoke and a shiny blue "Anomaly Core" on the floor. The Core can be donated to RnD to give them a random boost to research levels.

That is just about it. Happy Anomaly hunting!

This guide would be useful if not the fact that people literally can't see the anomaly alerts from the CentComm. :P

ATTENTION: High intensity vortex located at the brig

"Oh god what happened to the brig? We got a bomber! Call the ERT and the shuttle!"

And when they do notice them... :

ATTENTION: Flux anomaly detected at EVA storage

"I WUNT TO LOOK AT TEH PETTY CLUD"

Never approach a vortex anomaly without an extremely brute-resistant set of armor. Vortex Anomalies create shrapnel, which can include metal rods, and much more dangerously, Glass Shards.

Fear no injury, glass shards stuck in your heart are medals. But really, vortex are like little singularities, and you need to get close to disable it. If it touches you it will not gib you, but it will still fuck you up enough to make you bleed out without first-aid.

NEVER EVER approach an atmospheric anomaly. You can't stop it, being near it will only kill you.

Yes you can stop it, and SAFELY, totally unharmed, if you are quick and lucky enough.

And i would like to add:

Gravitational anomaly: Magboots are useless against those, if it touches you it will break one or two bones. If it knocks you down you are dead. Those does not destroy the enviroment, and only move the non-anchored things around. Just keep the area clear of people untill it dissapears. And don't think you are safe behind a window, it will slam you against it to death.

Flux anomaly: They have the odd tendency to blow up in your face with a size 10 explosion (welderbombs are size 8, for reference). The explosion is strong enough to make a breach to space.

And when they do notice them... :

ATTENTION: Flux anomaly detected at EVA storage

"I WUNT TO LOOK AT TEH PETTY CLUD"

Hey! Thats my line! :D

But this right here is the reason bluespace anomalies are so deadly. No matter how much I yell at them they never back away until it's too late.

Signaler PDA Cards also work. The Vending machine in the Assistant Den dispenses them , science can also make them. But due to the little utility of the remote signaler , they are usually unused, so no one will have them on hand and usually Cent Comm Announcement system usually announces them a little too late.

But this right here is the reason bluespace anomalies are so deadly. No matter how much I yell at them they never back away until it's too late.

I remember you telling me about this one, but I didn't know what it looked like so I stood at maximum range whilst keeping the room in visual. I got spaced immediately with half the western bridge. I know to beware them now.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add to this: as an AI player you should be bolting doors around the anomaly when it goes off. This will (hopefully) stop people from letting the anomaly out, getting themselves killed, and damaging the station.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use