Can we start throwing people out of airlock for knowing that the station is going to have antags at the start of the round?

Benjaminfallout

37 minutes ago, Miraviel said:

Definitely not! OP (and I do so too) has an issue about officers rushing into the maintenance at roundstart. It's fair game for them to enter the maintenances I think, just don't set up a tent there and wait for the antags.

I've always considered this the difference between a security guard at a shopping mall patrolling the various tunnels etc, as opposed to assuming terrorists are going to attack and searching everyone for bombs.

• Like 1

Is it not a violation of SOP to be randomly searching people just because they're in maints on green?

Doesn't the station stay on green until something *actually happens* to indicate imminent danger beyond the round start communication?

Seems like it should police itself, why is it not?

Edited by Sonador

On 4/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Benjaminfallout said:

Nothing makes me hate someone more then when I ask:

Why are you bolting the teliporter?

Why did you have the AI set the doors to max?

Why did the suit sensors message talk about finding are mangled bodies?

Why is Security going around maintenance on green at 12:02?

Etc.

And I get a response saying there "preparing." or it's "just in case."

The only time any of this should ever have is with reason. Not the "I know there are going to be antags so I better do this."

I'll give you a response that doesn't include the two responses you don't like hearing.

Bolting the teleporter is a little iffy, but it's fine. If you know the bolt wire, it's super easy to get into. If it's unpowered (which is exessive), you can either cut through or just build your own teleporter (be a scientist, ask to be a scientist, or break into science to build the parts. If you don't want to do that, get an EVA suit, throw yourself out of an airlock, and find the Ruski DJ station and go south for your free teleporter.).

If you're talking about door speed, it's usually only done on the bridge to prevent tailgating.

When people say "max your suit sensors so we can find your mangled body", they're generally joking and don't mean "there's going to be antags here, so max your suit sensors". Remember, this isn't HRP, you will see AIs and other crew members say super goofy shit.

I haven't played on Paradise in a while, but the last time I played security, it was generally understood that you're supposed to do one single patrol of the entirety of maintenance at roundstart, then patrol the hallways. This patrol isn't to find antags, but to clean maintenance of anything that could be used to make a weapon, or that's considered contraband. If there's any reports of hostiles in maintenance, we patrol again. I almost never see officers "camping" maintenance the entire round, namely because they're just asking to get killed. If you're an antag and you see that shit happen, just kill them, they deserve it.

Edited by Valkyrie

I mean, I think police patrol hotspots of crime more than they would calmer neighborhoods. It makes sense ICly for security to patrol maint. A secluded area where there are no cameras and where you are far from the public areas of the station is the perfect place to commit crimes and for criminals and murderers to lurk.

Added: The reason security exists in the first place is because somebody at Nanotrasen decided that their expensive research station needed protecting, which means they anticipated some sort of external threat to the station beyond just crew members acting up. Police exist to deter and prevent crime, as do security. They wouldn't exist at all if there wasn't some IC expectation of funny business happening on NT stations.

Edited by Vivalas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use