More investigation before resolution

tiredbum

Admin Key: Dumbdumn5

Your Discord name (if applicable): tiredbum

Complaint: Time: 4:10 AM GMT       Date: 4/15/2018      I tried to think of a title that didn't sound dismissive or snarky, so hopefully no one takes it that way. Before I start this I want to say that  I get in a round alot of crap is going on and most likely some stuff might be looked back and reviewed, so if that is the case with this then you can go ahead and close this. If not, then yeah I would like to talk about it. Some back story, I started the round as a Civilian and asked to be promoted to Botanist. I passed by botany grabbing the needed supplies and noticed alot of dead plants, but figured something may hae happened. Before I returned with Mutagen and Saltpetre, I was stopped by an IAA agent to tell me that Botany was doing a horrible job and needed to not talk shit to the chef whe nhe wants us to do our job. This leads me to going into botany to see no plans growing, no botanists, and the blender gone. Great. Well I go to the bartender to ask for his, since when the hell do they use it, when lo and behold there it is in the bar being used by some random atmos tech named Ley Kanita. So I grab the thing and another Botanist Sindy Lambadi tells me "no it has to stay there" and Ley just starts stabbing me with a kitchen knife (I can't say how many times, but I start bleeding). I drag it back to botany and ask for sec to show up, which they don't. While I'm walking to the medbay, C.A.S., an IAA, walks by. I explain everything that happened to him while he drags me to the medbay, and he just leaves. Cool. I get healed and walk back to the bar and the damn blender is there AGAIN. So I take it again to use it for my friggen jog, and Sindy and Ley show up again. Ley just starts stabbing me and I have finally had it with this dude. I whip out my hatchet and just screw him up, but I get it pretty bad too with broken ribs. One thing I want to add is at no point did Ley ever interact with me other then attacking me. No dialogue no nothing. So yeah I get arrested and taken to the brig. Here is where I ahelp. I don't have logs but it was essentially "can someone have a talk with Ley". I wait in processing passing out from blood loss and O2 loss when I finally ahelp again about how no one has charged me or talked me and has essentially left me to die and Dumbdumn5 tells me "its an IC issue", fair enough. But I follow it up with a "so what happened with Ley". I am told that Ley hit me 2 times with a knife before I started hacking back, so it was acceptable escalation, and this is here I have an issue. Like come on man, this guy was just straight up fuckin around and griefing. This is long winded enough, so my complaint is essentially that I would like a little bit more investigation into these things. I get it's busy, its highpop, but maybe say something more like "we'll look into it later" not "meh".

Edit:Shit, I didn't mean to enter this tonight, I cryoed and wrote this. If the round is still going on then get rid of this.

Edited by tiredbum

8 hours ago, tiredbum said:

Edit:Shit, I didn't mean to enter this tonight, I cryoed and wrote this. If the round is still going on then get rid of this.

It's fine, the round was over by then, or nearly!

I was solominning on high pop and, in looking back at the logs, must not have noticed the previous time when they stabbed you 4 times with a kitchen knife and you took off for recovery in medical. Ley hit you a total of 9 times with a knife during your fight, you hit them a total of 22 times with a hatchet, which I had thought, in the context of just that fight, would be able to be considered reasonable escalation considering the lethality of the weapons and self-defense at the time, though normally self-defense doesn't include anything after one of the players involved is downed and that Ley didn't also ahelp regarding the situation. @DarkPyrolord you'll want to take a look at this further considering I can't handle my own complaint. Apologies for the mistake in not getting the whole picture first.

Thank you. By the way, I wasn't really sure if this was the right forum for this, as the wording for player complaint makes it sound like its typically for admin light rounds and are not ahelped. This really isn't a complaint against you so much, I understand it was busy, I just wanted it to be re-looked at. Nor do I want Ley banned if they were a new player, more a talking to on why they probs shouldn't pull shit like this

Edited by tiredbum

Alrighty then, as per what Dumb said, I will be handling this one for you.

I do get that this is more of a player complaint compared to a admin complaint so I will be looking a little deeper at that one for you and noting down the other party as per what they did here and talking to them when I get the chance to. Also I want to say thank you for taking notice that things can be really high stress and fast during highpop, especially as solomin.

With this side of the complaint resolved, is there anything else you would like to bring up or are you happy with the result as is?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use