WaterWorld Suggestions/discussion

RobinFox

Lavaland, Asteroid, or Waterworld?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Basically, I've been porting lavaland. And me+ SS13 chat decided to make it WaterWorld instead. I am making this forum thread so people can actually write the stacks of suggestions somewhere I can see it.

K thanks bai. <3

EDIT:

Existing features:

Water as a fluid (using the atmospherics system)

Deep sea water effects

Ores (all the ones from the asteroid)

Monsters (all the ones from the asteroid plus carp & mega carp)

The Kraken (a modified version of the DeathSquid that is nerfed significantly and gives actual loot)

Currently planned features (long term):

Aquapods (like space pods, but for underwater. Give the mechanic something real to do)

THE SLUDGE (a type of turf that is an aggressive alien ooze. It deals respiratory and cloning damage when you touch it)

Deep sea chasms (an entrance to a lower z-level filled with horrifyingly difficult monsters and epic loot)

Loot for The Kraken

Sprite requests:

Modified sprites of all asteroid mobs, for WaterWorld

An uber-large (96x96) set of Cthulu boss monster sprites

Sprites for undersea plants and corals and such

Currently working on:

Porting ashwalkers from yog's lavaland. Not sure how I'm gonna get it to fit in the water theme yet

Generically porting yog's ghost role system, to work in addition to our Respawn as NPC

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Edited by RobinFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • explodyparrot 1

With this being a planet that the pod mechanic and pod pilot cannot just fly too like they can currently, the seabase itself could be a multi story structure.  And above sea level and below sea level base.

The above section would be a smaller isolated Z level area with a FTL gate stationed nearby that pairs up to a FTL gate at the station the mechanic/pilot can fly through with their pods to visit the base.  This would allow sec to still have a secondary method to get down there outside of just using cargo.

The reason for the mechanic to have such a travel method as well is for them to be expanded in their job duties with create seaborne submersibles the miners can use to travel deep sea chasms.  There can be two types of vehicles, a single/two tile vehicle and a multi personal 4 tile vehicle.

Danger can be found in the deep chasms however in the form of larger aquatic creatures that make their homes in the depths.

I've been thinking about adding THE SLUDGE. Which is basically a replacement of lava rivers. It deals respiratory and cloning damage, even through hardsuits. Only way to prevent the damage is by using an aquapod.

I'm a little conflicted. It sounds like a great idea that could help to set the sever apart but I'm also concerned about which project you would be more likely to complete in a timely manner. I'd hate to see you do half of the work to Water World and burn out, when you could have gotten Lavaland done in the same effort. If you feel you got the drive and ability to do the whole project though I say go for it!

As for how to reflavor Ash Walkers, make them mermaids.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:57 AM, Pennwick said:

I'm a little conflicted. It sounds like a great idea that could help to set the sever apart but I'm also concerned about which project you would be more likely to complete in a timely manner. I'd hate to see you do half of the work to Water World and burn out, when you could have gotten Lavaland done in the same effort. If you feel you got the drive and ability to do the whole project though I say go for it!

As for how to reflavor Ash Walkers, make them mermaids.

I am actually doing the mermaid thing. Thanks for the idea.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:09 AM, Ty Omaha said:

What about having it rotate similar to the gateway does?

Some shifts waterworld, some lavaland

This would mean I would need to make waterworld and lavaland VERY different. Which is interesting. I might end up splitting the different mechanics between the two maps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use