Admin Complaint - LPSpartan

Slith-Skaar

Admin Key: LPSpartan

Your Discord name (if applicable): Slith

Complaint: From the start and setting the scene, normal round, went into the gateway. The gateway being the Wild West. Making tremendous progress, first time solo going through this dusty hellhole. Stocked up on firearms and about to finish off the last gunners. LPSpartan decides to adminbus himself with Nuclear Operative gear (From my perspective, it was dark as night) and ambushes me without any word. Shot multiple times and died to internal bleeding. This was uncalled for and quite frankly an abuse of power. I never asked for this, I never taunted nor prayed for a random adminbus encounter, nor was it deserved and was not even compensated for the unfair round ruining stunt he pulled. His attitude towards my adminhelp was quite disheartening as well. Image source attached.

Thank you.

(If more context is needed, I can try and provide it as soon as possible)

LPSpartan.png

• Like 3

Before he did this, he request permission from me. My timezone is GMT+0, so this was sent approximately 11:14pm Server time.

slithspartancomplaint.png.94b958d3e071a89d949c4b4358306b27.png

I've seen admins spawn playable characters to either deter or challenge people who hit the syndi outpost in space, or the gateway and given the intent is to emulate a sense of a world beyond the station as opposed to a static, predictable game level to master; I find the practice acceptable. Particularly given that the Gateway provides immense rewards at the price of immense personal risk.

I can't comment on the scenario beyond this, as this was the full extent of my involvement in the incident.

Edited by Streaky Haddock
  • Like 3

Thank you for replying Streaky with that, however the context of the situation was that the sentient syndicate on the Wild West gateway mission was an uncalled for way to "change the meta". The gateway itself is a huge challenge if you are without a way of reviving yourself (I.E. Changeling). I was doing the gateway completely solo as a non-antagonist and just being a whole "MacGyver", using only what I obtained or made my own tools, up until the point of this "addition" which was not a fun or entertaining way of adding a challenge. It was a blind curtain fire in the dark which ended my run, due to internal bleeding. Had there been more interaction or at least some reasoning behind this stunt (besides the whole "leave thith place, itth ourth", {yes, with the lisp}), I would understand but given the scenario of being a solo combatant against this gauntlet of operatives, it was not an enjoyable experience, took me out of the round fairly early on with zero chance of being revived (Due to being in the gateway) and killed my mood for the night.

Taking a player out of the round due to this is not fair, Spartan did not give you the context of the situation nor did they make this an enjoyable or pleasant experience.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry this took a huge amount of time to get to, Dumb has the details on it and it was talked about long ago, just waiting on what he said on it to find out if an outcome was reached or not from it, bleh.

• 1 month later...

On recommendation, we've reviewed and will be looking at edits to our admin guidelines to avoid future incidents like this. Rhythen didn't do anything necessitating any sort of punishment, but the guidelines we do have for 'cheesy' behavior on away missions and similar things, such as the syndicate outpost, are too open in that regard, and don't specify something like corpse barricades/mobile cover, which are sometimes absolutely necessary to make it through certain gateways, most especially the wild west. 

I know it's absolutely obscene and ridiculous for this to have taken this long to cover, and I'm sorry about that. It's my intention to follow the lead of Shadeykins in attempting to ensure that all admin complaints taken are handled within a period of 3 weeks. It's been a busy last few months for me, as I've been preparing to go to college and graduating high school. Thank you for not tearing my head off. If you have any questions or want to help write those guidelines, please DM me over discord, I've got a lot of free time nowadays.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use