Zsi

Streaky Haddock

Name: Zsi

Orientation: Undisclosed

Nicknames/Alias: None Recorded

Picture: Kindly drawn by Fei Hazelwood (FeiH).

Age/D.O.B: Unclear, Physically Mature. 

Place Of Birth: Arkship IIb

Species: Grey

Blood Type: AB+

Alignment: Good

Affiliation: Nanotrasen

Religious Beliefs: Complicated. Seen too much redspace shit to be an atheist, but doesn't trust enties from outside of realspace.

Childhood: Born on Schedule. No Genetic Deviancies. Xenobiology Researcher.

Adulthood: Logistics and Human Resources Fanatic. Applies his Xenosociological theories to Security, Human Resources and Medical work. Absorbs as much SOP and Space Law as possible to become the ultimate administrator and bureaucrat. 

Detailed Information

Appearance: Very little genetic deviation is present in the face of this Grey. Large black eyes, an almost identical face to many other Greys that come and go from the Cyberiad. In this picture he is wearing an alien face shirt. His neck slouches forward a little, giving him a laboured and nervous bearing, though this is just a trait of his species. Long fingers and thin-sinewed arms hand down by his sides as he stands in front of a measurement wall which seems to show him to be about 5'11 in height. Zsi moves and shifts about with a nervous, almost restless energy. He's prone to small tics like snapping his fingers, spinning and pacing  and flipping a full 360 degrees. 

When he tries to smile, or frown or snarl he often produces a gurning rictus. Facial expressions not being instinctual to Greys, it's likely his uncanny-valley triggering attempt to ingratiate himself with multicultural society.

Character Voice: A flat, monotone drone occasionally punctuated with awkward pauses and jarring, stilted emphasis of words when he makes puns. When angry or stressed to the point where he elevates his voice, his voice emits a nasal, reedy screeching.

Personality: Zsi is at ease with deindividualisation and has no issues becoming part of a greater organisation. He throws himself fully into whatever work he is assigned and accomplishes it as effectively and humanely as he can manage. He's easy going and enjoys friendly relationships with a variety of coworkers and civilians. However, he does struggle noticeably to form meaningful connections and he has admitted to some fears that his relationships with his fellow Cyberiad colleagues are superficial in nature. He enjoys coffee, creating dumb personas out of costumes he wears and music and dance of all types.

Zsi does, however, have an addictive personality. He is easily hooked on caffeine, and tends not to reach for the healthy sleeper treatment to addiction than falls into the denial and fix-seeking tendencies once afflicted. Morphine, Various types of Coffee and Space Drugs have all hit him at some point or another. To this point he refuses to smoke or consume alcohol or drugs if he can help it. He's a compulsive neat freak and hates mess and disorder. He's also not brave, and though he has too much professional pride to outright cave into cowardice, he's far more likely to fire and flee from a threat than he is to fire and pursue. 

Medical Record:

August 28th 2561 - Detox for Caffeine Addiction

September 1st 2561 - Detox for Caffeine Addiction

September 12th 2561 Detox for Caffeine Addiction

September 26th 2561 - Hospitalised for extreme water burns over 80% of his body. Was brought in next to a charred plasma-man body.

September 29th 2561 - Retrieved from an unauthorised quantum pad expedition on board the cyberiad, deceased on arrival. Corpse quarantined as a highly virulent strain of brainrot was found in his cells and the body destroyed. He was then cloned from backup.

Security Record:

November 2nd 2561 - Convicted of Manslaughter of a Command Officer. Due to extenuating circumstances, he was demoted to Officer, sentenced to a spell in the brig. Compliant and contrite throughout the process.

Character Biography

Background: Raised in the Xenobiology Commune of Arkship IIb.  He claims to have many happy memories studying inter-species diplomatic tapes, filing medical and biochemical data and analysing stool samples from an early age. Zsi remembers how quiet the arkship was. The silence wasn't something his colleagues noticed, as all communication was stored in psi-computers or through the ship's psionic expression link. Yet even from this early age he was aurally conscious. 

As he matured he found himself more interested in the societal structures and anthropology of alien species than their biology and chemistry. Why did the Vox refuse to leave even their corpses behind? Why was humanity so comfortable with death yet so uncomfortable with their own reproduction? Why were the Kidan so terrified of their own females? Though the strict, militaristic and authoritarian nature of Arkship science didn't stifle him (in fact he was rather comfortable with the routine and clear expectations, as many ship-bound greys are) he knew he wasn't going to get any closer to other species where he was. Social mobility isn't much of a thing on the Arkships as they are on Mauna-b.

So he signed up with Nanotrasen, the sole rights-holder of the Grey's diplomatic channels to the Human-Skrellian alliance, after obtaining a letter of endorsement from his Department Head. He can't go back. Not because leaving is taboo, but because re-entry is impractical. The moment he applied to leave, his replacement was being inseminated in a test tube. 

It was at Nanotrasen that he discovered music.

Family: Arkship IIb Xenobiology Commune. Standard Genetic Template.

Personal Relationships

[Friend] Kennard Rose - "The only person I have regular non-work related conversations with. I wouldn't say we're close though. I'm too busy and I fear I lack the capacity for deep bonds. He'd told fragments of his personal life but I haven't given back. He's also as busy as I am, but his line of work has jaded him. I don't think he has the capacity to fully trust anyone any more than I have the capacity to meaningfully connect with people."

[Respected] Gerhard van Lutz - "His diction isn't the best, and i'm certain he hears voices in his head. Regardless, he's one of the more competant medical administrators i've witnessed, and understands that managing his department is as much about keeping it supplied and trained as it is about being personally proficient."  

[Dislike] Ipsum Bellus Critinus - "At this stage I'm reasonably sure he is a cosmic mistake that reality is continuously trying to fix that we keep un-fixing, squandering resources and whatever equipment was on his lost corpse in the process. It's only a matter of time until his continued existance, in some form or another, contributes to the decay of our reality."

[Fear] Dimethyl - "I used to see a goofy, robust greytider and little more. Then one day I pressed him to open up, and I saw the monster within the suit. It's a monster that views me as it's friend. If i'm lucky, it'll stay that way."

[Neutral] Isthel Straub - "And here I thought Brooke had good judgement!

[Neutral] Ruum-Ovv-Oumn - "I'm reasonably sure he's the type of guy to hear voices in his head. His sole interests appear to be soap, and how to recklessly endanger our lives, risking creating a stage 4 singularity, by fitting bluespace containers inside bluespace containers to carry as much soap as he possibly can."

[Acquaintance] KALKI - "Who is this fucker and why is he giving me dead rats?"

Romantically Involved | Romantic Interest | Admire | Respected | Close Friend | Good Friend | Friend | Acquaintance | Neutral/Unsure | Dislike | Hate | Despise | Death Wish | Fear

Faction Relations

[Allied] Nanotrasen - "I don't care for the salary, and though I like the work I'm not so sure about the goals that work leads to. What is the Cyberiad? Why is it rebuilt again and again? Why can't I remember things others do? What are we even doing here? Research? Really?"

[Dislike] Syndicate - "They kill us, they bomb us, they brainwash us into turning on our friends and colleagues. Yet there are some that seem to have morals. Sometimes their arguments give me a flicker of doubt in my duties and commitments. One day, maybe one day I'll just go postal with an energy sword and a holoparasite only to be replaced the next shift with a blissfully ignorant, loyal clone. Perhaps this has already happened."

[EnemyAbductors - "Their butchery and hostile method of study are reprehensible and can't possibly obtain good test results. They don't even use control subjects! They just rip out organs and put in new ones, ones that aren't even catalogued. It's a disgrace that we were shaped by the same masters."

Allied | Love | Like | Neutral | Dislike | Hate | Enemy

Other Information

Knows too much space law.

Edited by Streaky Haddock
  • Like 3
  • honk 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use