Admin Complaint - Shadykins

Shanewayne9

Admin Key: Shadykins

Your Discord name (if applicable): Shanewayne9 

Complaint:
Below
VVVV

First to explain:

On the 1/29/2018 I was job banned from traitor for round start cultist suicide by shadykins. On the  1/31/2018 the job ban went from traitor to all specials jobs. I thought the reason for the job ban was confusion due to a part in rule 5

Frequently joining a round, only to then leave if you did not get an Antagonist Role (Antag Fishing), is not permitted;

Due to my confusion, I went looking around trying to see what I did wrong, after talking with Shadykins over in the unban request post, saw what I was looking for in rule 6

If you are not willing to act as an Antagonist, or if you have to leave the round midway, Adminhelp so someone else can fill your role;

Apon looking I also looked in the admin guidelines. Perma job bans for antag are for those deliberately or maliciously acting against objectives of team-based antags. For a temporary job bans for antag its for those acting against in a non-malicious manner.

Players that warrant a Permanent Jobban do so because they are deliberately causing harm to others by abusing their job and its access, or deliberately and maliciously acting against the objectives of team-based Antagonists (Nuclear Operatives, Cultists, Shadowlings, Xenomorphs and Abductors).

This punishment can also be applied to players who deliberately try to be apprehended by conversion Antagonists, or team-based Antagonists (Nuclear Operatives, Cultists, Shadowlings, Xenomorphs and Abductors) acting against their objectives in a non-malicious manner.

Now for the complaint:

I do understand the reason for the ban but I feel like the ban was a not justified. According to the admin guidelines, a perma job ban for antag is for those who act maliciously against team based antags objectives, and I feel like suiciding is not malicious. I would understand the reason for a temporary job ban as, suicide, is not a malicious manner. Definition of malicious is in a manner characterized by malice or ill will; with intent to do harm. If you look at the unban accepted and look at my post you see I do understand that suiciding could give up there is a cult and I do have better talismans then normal but I feel like my perma job ban was not justified based upon the admin guidelines and suicide is non-malicious to the cultist goals -as it was not harming to the goals but just one less member which does no harm. Also would like to point out that my perma job ban went from a traitor to all special jobs banned - I can not play as pAI/etc. It makes no sense to my why I would have my ability to be pAI or other special jobs that are not antag related taken away, or non-team based antags also taken away. That is all for my complaint. Thank you.

Edited by Shanewayne9

From the standpoint of the banning admin, you had suicided as an antagonist without much of a description as to why, and then, in deadchat, said 

Shanewayne9* (Rachael Zaun) (FLW|BDY) salts, "im out bye"

This creates the picture of somebody intentionally killing themselves over salt or some kind of malice. It doesn't turn out that you had issues like that, it was just that you were tired and needed to head off for some sleep, which would've be fine if you said "Hey, I'm heading to sleep, bye." the admin would've just been going "Well that's a weird way to do it, why didn't you just cryo? Here, I can send you to cryo with this button here." I don't think that Shadey was in the wrong for thinking that you might've been acting in ill will instead of out of completely normal people stuff that goes on outside of the game, and so I don't really believe that they need to be punished or warned for this ban, considering how it looks from the only stuff they had access to at the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use